CHAPTER NINE

Stronger Than Heaven (Warning, full cringe)

~

The three of us stepped out of the portal Clary made. A sudden laughter filled the silent air as Luke bent over panting, the laughing continuing to fall from my lips as I looked down at him. "Having fun there?" A smirk appearing onto my lips as he looked over at me.

"I will never get used to that." He said, standing up straight with a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. "Now, stop laughing, Ari." He said again, making me stop and clamp my mouth shut, giving him a short nod while trying not to laugh.

"Of all places, why would she come here?" Clary asked, letting herself gaze at the scenery.

"I brought her here, it's my farm." Luke responded with a proud smirk.

"Wait, Papa-Luke has a farm?" I asked aloud, my arms crossing as I began to follow Clary and Luke who were already walking towards the farmhouse.

"Yes I do." He chuckled, throwing his arm over my shoulder "I stayed here six months back when I first turned, when my life fell apart." He paused as he gestured towards the house "That farmhouse is where I put it back together."

"Let's just hope it has the similar effect on Cleophas." Clary stated as she took hold of my hand and pulled me up the steps, leaving Luke to now walk behind us.

"Wouldn't know, I haven't heard from her since I brought her here." Luke replied, leaning against the railings.

"Can't say I blame her, being held captive by Valen-bitch and then being poisoned." I muttered.

"That sounds terrible." Clary frowned.

I looked at her and raised my hand to knock on the door before speaking. "Very terrible." I stepped back as Luke walked to stand in front of the door.

"Cleo. It's Lucian." He raised his voice, knocking on the door again.

Cleophas opened the door, her face and emotions held confusion as she looked at Luke before looking at Clary and I. "Ariana, Clarissa." She walked towards us, pulling the both of us into her embrace. Woah, I was not expecting that shit to happen.
.
.
.
I smiled and cupped the mug of coffee Cleophas had gave to me, my eyes gazing at the beauty of the farm as Clary spoke. "Ithuriel..." she started as a small sigh left my lips.

"He's helped us before, I think he likes me." I smirked, moving to sip my coffee.

Cleophas chuckled before responding "And you think he can help again?" Clary and I exchanged a look that Cleo must have seen as she sighed "Iron Sisters have ways to communicate with the angels. But I can't do that for you."

What the hell does this woman think she's doing? She better have a good explanation for that.

"You can't? Or you won't?" Luke asked.