◾prologue

0. In the beginning.

Adam closes the fridge and turns around to grab the cup of warm milk. He quickly glances at the time and lets out when he sees it's eleven thirty. His husband wasn't home yet. Adam goes up the stairs and turns right, heading straight for his second son's room. The main light was off but the bedside lamp was on, shining light on the face of Adam's little boy.

"Papa?" George whispers. His voice quiet and soft.

Adam walks into the room with the cup of warm milk and sits by the side of George's bed. He watched as George sits up, his back propped against one of his many pillows. He reaches out to the bedside table for his circle- framed glasses and slides it on.

"Come on, Bunny. Have some milk, it will help you sleep." Adam says softly as he hands George the cup of warm milk.

"Thank you, papa."

Adam smiles at his son, he moves closer. He raises his hand and strokes George's head softly. Unlike Jhoni, Bella and Ian, George took after his father more. Instead of having hair as dark as night like Adam, he had blonde hair like his father- Jensen.

"Is daddy back yet?" George asks when he was done with his warm milk. He hands Adam the cup and relaxes on to the bed. Adam places the cup on the floor and helps George pull off his glasses and place it back on the bedside table.

"Daddy has a lot of work to do, bunny."

"That's what you said last week when he didn't show for Jhoni's birthday party." George mutters, his lips pulled tight into a pout as he stares at his papa. Adam took in a deep breath and let it out. He wonders if his child was right. He said the same thing two weeks ago when Jensen didn't show for Jhoni's birthday.

"He's your dad, bunny. He's just busy."

"He doesn't come home anymore, papa and Jhoni is always angry at you." George says, his green eyes focused on Adam.

Adam smiles at his son. He leans down to press a kiss to George's head and lifts the duvet till it was covering George's shoulders. He didn't know George noticed Jhoni's anger towards him and wonders if Bella and baby Ian notice it to. Jhoni was always angry at whatever Adam does, even if it to drop the laundry off at his room and Adam doesn't know why. He sums it all to puberty even though deep down, he knows it's something else.

"Bunny, Jhoni is just going through puberty. You will go through it very soon." Adam chuckles. "Don't think about it, okay? Just go to sleep and have sweet dreams."

"You too, papa."

George turns onto his side, with a hand underneath his face and on top of the pillow. He falls asleep with his mouth open a little and if Adam was with his phone he'd take a picture of this moment. Instead he whispers good night into his son's ears. He picks the empty cup and leaves George's room. He walks to Bella's room which was right beside George's. She was already fast asleep, her dark curls splayed out against the pillow like spilled ink. Adam places the empty cup in his hand on her bedside table and adjusted her duvet till it was up to her shoulders. He grabs the empty cup on his way out of her room and quietly slides into Ian's room to check if the two year old was asleep. The last room Adam checks is Jhoni's room.

Jhoni's light were out and the only light in the room was coming from the boy's phone.

"What do you want?" Jhoni asks, his tone harsh. So harsh that if Adam wasn't his father, he'd have flinched. Adam briefly wonders if his son bully's someone in school because if he's this harsh at home then what was he like in school?