◼five

05. The one with the beginning of the end

It Saturday when everything ends.

Adam wakes up in Jensen's arms. His back was pressed to Jensen's chest. Saturdays have always been Adam's favourite day of the week. He gets a little bit of Jensen's attention before he disappears for the rest of the day. Adam has learnt not to ask questions and now that he knows where Jensen is going, he doesn't ask because he doesn't want to hear his husband make excuses or worse, lie to him.

Jensen peppers kisses all over Adam's bare shoulder. His shirt had slipped off one shoulder at one point during the night. He smiles as he looks at Jensen over his shoulder his husband smiles back at him and Adam feels okay. Times like this, everything seemed perfect.

"Morning, beautiful." Jensen whispers, pressing another kiss to Adam's shoulder and one to his hair.

"Morning Jenny."

Jensen lets out a loud groan and playfully pinches Adam's side. "You know I hate that name." he says, falling back against the bed. He lies flat on his back and pulls Adam, who rests his head on his husband's chest, his finger drawing abstract shapes on Jensen's stomach.

"You love it when I call you that." Adam chuckles. Playfully digging his finger into the skin of Jensen stomach. Giggling as Jensen lets out a faux moan of pain.

"I love everything about you." Jensen runs his finger through Adam's hair as he spoke and Adam couldn't help but feel ecstatic. He knows he shouldn't believe everything or anything his husband says but he had made a vow, an oath on the third of September 1999. In sickness and in heart, for rich or for poorer, till death do us part. Jensen might have forgotten about that but Adam hasn't.

"You staying home today? The kids want to spend more time with you, especially Ian. I think he has forgotten your voice even." Adam says and it seemed like that was the wrong to say because Jensen goes still. Knowing a fight was on the horizon, Adam shifts away from Jensen and gets out of bed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Jensen says, glaring at Adam as he also gets out of bed. Unlike Adam who had on a top and bottom, Jensen just had on a pair of plad paja bottom that hung low on his waist and for a brief moment, Adam wants to pull it down and see his husband's pens because he doesn't even know what it looks like any more, what it feels like anymore. Instead, he just checks the time from the clock on the wall. 7:15am.

"What I mean is. You haven't been home in a while and your kids. The ones I brought into this world. The ones raised for you. Your children, remember them? Well they miss you and want to spend time with you." Adam yells. He tries to make his way to the door but Jensen grabs him by the elbow and pulls him back. He looked angry and had his eyes had this glint in them that the funny part of Adam wishes was guilt.

"I work long hours of the week to pay for the house you live in oh-so-comfortably, to pay for the food you buy with the card I give, to pay for the school fees for all four children and I come home and expect to rest but you keep NAGGING! YOU KEEP COMPLAINING!" Jensen takes a step forward but Adam stands his ground. Jensen's words were a slap to the face.

Adam walks over to his bedside table and grabs his wallet. He pulls out his card and throws it at Jensen. He pulls out the two Atm cards Jensen had given him and slaps it against his chest.

"I have a masters in English language. I gave up my job at Goodwill publishing for you and this is how you repay me! I cook, clean and wash! I take care of OUR kids by MYSELF and this is what you say to me. I have no life outside this home, outside this marriage and this is what you want to say to me this morning!" Adam scream. He walks up close to Jensen. "Well you can kiss my ass goodbye as I walk out the fucking door."