▪️Thirty Seven

37. _m_t

"I don't know what to choose."

"It's two movies, Adam. Either Secret life of pets or Cloudy with a chance of meatballs?" Jensen asked as he points at the screen.

"One makes me super hungry and the other makes me want to give into Bella's request for a pet."

Adam and Jensen were both seated on the couch. The kids have gone to school and it was a quarter to eleven. WhennAdam decided he was going to work from home today, he had called Jensen who took the day off and came right over with bags of food.

"She wants a dragon."

"And I will search until I find one. You don't know what people are hiding in their back garden." Adam says as he reaches for the box of noodles that Jensen had brought.

"You could just get her a puppy."

Adam looks at Jensen like he had just sprouted an extra head. "Puppies can't breathe fire."

"Oh my god." Jensen huffed as he stared at Adam. "You could get her a Axolotl. It looks like a Chinese dragon but is a fish. You can google it."

Adam quickly picks up his phone and checks google. He also searched for the price and then just nods his head. He could buy this for her and she'd be okay. She likes fish too.

"You are awesome."

"I know." Jensen replies with a wink.

"And humble too."

"And to make sure we actually watch something, I am going with the secret life of pets." Jensen said as he picks up the remote and selects the movie

It's been two weeks since they started their therapy session with doctor Ryder Phillips. It was going great if Adam could say so. The only time they had spoken about sex was two weeks ago during the phone call where they mentioned their favorite things. And to be honest, Adam wants more. He wanted more and more simply meant, he wanted to be underneath Jensen.

"Anything else you want?" Jensen asked as he reached for a bag of chips.

"Nah. I'm good for now." Adam says, raising his pack of noodles up.

When he came over, Jensen had brought take out, a lot of snacks, Häagen-Dazs strawberry cheesecake as well as salted caramel ice cream, Oreo donuts and three packs of finger sized three flavored cakes.

"How's Dalia?"

"Great. She and Andrew have been asking for a double date and I was going to ask you? They are a bit much but you'll grow to love them."

Adam remembers how huggy and bubbly Dalia was and wondered if her husband was the same way. He shuffled closer to Jensen and continued eating his noodles as he watched the movie.

After secret life of pets, they move on to Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

"I'm meant to be looking over manuscripts but this is so much better." Adam says, waving the spoonful of ice cream. He loved how Häagen-Dazs ice cream had biscuits in them.

"Just sitting and watching cartoons."

"I vote for Mulan next."

"The first and second!"

They sit and watch until Adam decided to take a quick break. With all the food laid out, they had forgotten to take water. He quickly walks into the kitchen, headed for the fridge and pulling it open. He turns around when he hears Jensen stepped into the kitchen.