◾️Fourteen

14. Future

Two years later...

Adam sighs and sleepily raps off his alarm. His eyes were still closed and he smacks his lips together. He wasn't ready to get up yet. It was June and summer wasn't his favorite season. He rolls onto his back and finally opens his eyes. He stared right at the ceiling.

It's ten minutes past six when he finally gets up. He washes his face and brushed his teeth, before heading to the kitchen. As he passed by the rooms of his children he could hear the tell tale signs that told him they were awake. As he walks past the fridge, he grabbed the bread and butter and flips on the kettle.

Thankfully, he had made the kids lunch and had kept it in the fridge. While the water boiled, he butters the bread and dumps it into the toaster and set out mugs with tea bags sitting in them. He goes through his emails as he waited for the water to boil. He sends the manuscript he had gone through the previous night to his assistant.

He grins when a message pops up.

From Colin: you awake yet?

Adam shook his head as he typed out his reply.

To Colin: obviously. The kids have school and I've got work. You still on for lunch?

George pops into the kitchen first. At eleven, he looked so big that sometimes Adam couldn't believe his eyes. Beside his son's growth, the other thing that still surprises Adam was George's dark hair. George had begun to dye his hair brown, his blonde locks hidden away. Jhoni had been the one to take his little brother to get it done.

"Morning, Papa." George pressed a kiss to Adam's cheek in greeting. Adam smiles at his son, his phone vibrated in his hand – he had a new message. George had on his glasses, a white long sleeve shirt with a huge black strip on the middle and black jeans with rips, his feet covered by one of his Naked Wolfe sneakers.

Adam placed the toast done onto a plate and added more slices to the toaster. He hands George the carton of tropical juice. Bella appeared just when the second batch of toast was done. She had her dark hair pulled up into a ponytail, she had on a green plaid dress shirt with a black belt around her waist and white sneakers. Thankfully, she and Adam had picked out her clothes the night before.

His adorable seven year old daughter.

"Morning sweetie." Adam bent a little so he could press a kiss to her forehead.

"Morning Papa. Jhoni is on his way down with Ian." Bella tells him before taking her seat at the table. True to her words, Jhoni steps into the kitchen with Ian running past him and into Adam's legs. Adam laughed and knelt down so he could hug his little boy.

"Morning Poppy! I saw you in my sleep!" Ian cheered. "We went out for ice cream and you got the yucky one with the black things in it." Ian rambles on and Adam chuckles.

"You mean raisins?" Adam replies as he lifts Ian up. The boy held on to his father as he went on about Adam enjoying his yucky ice cream. It's quite funny. Once Ian was seated with his food in front of him, Adam finally made his own cup of tea and grabbed the last pieces of toast. He slathered jam on his and munched.

"Are you going to work today or are you working from home?" Jhoni asked.

"I'll be working from home. I've got a few things to look over and I've got lunch with Colin." Adam replied and Jhoni just nods. George looks up from his food when he hears his Papa mention Colin. It's been two years since the divorce and to him it felt like Colin was trying to push for something Adam had no interest in giving. He has heard Adam tell Colin so many times they he'd prefer if they remained friends and nothing more.