◼six

06. And it all falls down...

Adam blinks himself awake.

Once his eyes were open, he stared at the ceiling on top. It was a very familiar ceiling, one he has been looking at for years. He didn't even need to look down or around to know that he was in his matrimonial home.

He slowly sits up, the duvet wrapped around his waist goes up a little with him as he does. He takes a look at the cream curtains and walls, he looks at the pictures on the wall. The huge one that was hanging right beside the flat screen tv. It was a picture of Adam, Jensen, Jhoni, George, Bella and Ian at the beach last year.

Jensen was wearing just his orange shorts, he was seated in the sand beside George and Bella and his head was thrown back, his eyes squinted closed as he laughed. On the flatbed beside them was Adam who was in a pair of light blue shorts and had a thin white short on, he was holding onto a sleeping Ian with Jhoni was on the other lounge chair beside him. Adam finds himself smiling because this had to be one of his many favourite pictures they've taken.

The door to the room was pushed open and Adam looked to the side. He watched silently as Jensen walked into the room. And that's when everything came rushing forward. Him and the children at McDonalds, finding Jensen and his ...what do you even call the blonde man? A manstress? A mistress? A fucking boytoy? A home ruiner?

"Adam, are you alright?"

Adam stared at his husband and asks himself. Was this my fault? Was it something I did? Whatever I did, is it something I can take back?

He looked away from his husband to the same picture. No, he decided, I didn't do anything. I didn't tell my husband to go out a cheat. I, myself, am not seeing any one. It brings a bitter taste to his mouth.

"Are you alright?"

Adam looks away from the picture to Jensen who was sitting on the long couch that was pressed against the wall. He's not going to do anything until after he washes the bitter taste from his mouth. He gets out of bed, ignored Jensen's calls and headed towards the bathroom. It takes him a couple of minutes to brush and rinse. He then splashed water over his face and then he looked at his reflection in the mirror.

He was still in the same clothes he had been wearing. How long was he out? What about the children? What about Sara? Fuck! The kids might have seen Jensen kiss someone else yesterday. Ugh!

A light bulb suddenly went off in his head and he remembered Jhoni had wanted to tell him something. Was this what his boy was about to say? It was definitely what Jhoni had been about to say. How long had he known?

Adam's heart squeezes tight and he lets out a loud gasp.

He needed to leave. He didn't want to be here and... hold on! Why should he have to leave? He hadn't been the one lying, cheating and missing major milestones like Jhoni's sixteenth mini birthday sundae bash!

The anger that had pooled in his stomach goes higher and Adam was a bit close to punching the mirror in front of him. All he could see was a weak ass man who couldn't keep his marriage together! He clenched his hands into fists and walked out of the bathroom. Jensen who had been sitting there, stood up immediately.

"Baby are you alright?"

Adam laughed. The sound that came out of his body was one Jensen nor Adam had heard before, it was ugly and dark and everything Adam was feeling. "Are fucking kidding me right now?"