◼ three

3. In the early morning

Cheating.

Its sounds weird to Adam. Never in his life would he have thought Jensen would cheat on him. Even after his year long absence, Adam never got to this conclusion. Cheating was the last thing on his mind. He had actually thought it was something he had done but now he knows better.

All the while his husband was never home, it wasn't because of him, it was because Jensen had found someone better to spend his time with. Adam stares at the cup of coffee in his hand and sighs. He had taken a cab and had asked the cabbie to drop him at a park far far away. Far far away turned out to be Andrews Park which was about an hour from the house. Adam had walked around until he had found somewhere to get something warm to drink. Since he walked out in his jammies, the cold was just sinking into his skin little by little and Adam doesn't want to sit inside a café because he didn't know when the tears would fall and the last thing he wants to do is cry in front of strangers. So he's sitting on a bench at Andrew's Park and it's four thirty in the morning.

Man, life sucks.

He pulls out his phone. 79 missed calls from Jensen.

He shakes his head at the missed calls. This is the most he has gotten from Jensen in a while and he doesn't even know what to do at the moment. He's stuck. His eyes hurt but the tears refused to fall. And lord, dear lord, does he want to cry. He wonders if any of his children have noticed he was gone yet, he wonders what Jensen had said to them if they have noticed he was gone yet.

Even here, as he's sitting out in the cold with just a jacket on and a hot cup of coffee in his hand, he wants his children. He knows he has to go home later, if not soon.

Adam sighs and looks up to the sky. The stars were gone and everything was coming awake little by little. He places the cup of coffee on the bench and runs a hand down his face. What should his next step be? What should he do? Should he just confront Jensen? What would happen to the children?

"You okay?"

Adam jumps when he hears the voice. There was no one in front of him, nor was anyone beside him. The voice was coming from behind him. He hears the soft sound of leaves being crushed and that urged him to speak.

"Just please leave me alone."

Adam is alert. He doesn't know who exactly he was speaking with and he doesn't know what would happen next. All he knows is he just wants to be alone for now. The footsteps begin again and it got closer until the owner of said footsteps and voice was standing in front of him. Standing in front of Adam was a six foot three tall man, with brown hair low by the side and a neatly trimmed beard. The man had on a brown long coat that was zipped up and a pair of blue jeans. He looked...not dangerous.

"I will, but you have to answer my question." The stranger says.

Adam stares at the stranger. He was lost. He had no idea what to do, he just wanted the stranger gone. "I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

The stranger doesn't say a word. He stares at Adam, his hands still deep in his pocket. Adam doesn't move, he's scared if he makes a wrong move, things would go astray. He's seen movies and he knows about fifty percent of people sitting alone at the park when it's dark, end up getting killed or kidnapped.

"Have a nice day then." The stranger says and with a wave to Adam, he turns around and continues walking.

Adam stares at the back of the stranger as he walks away. He wonders what in the name of sweet heaven just happened. He stands up from the bench, he didn't want to risk anything. What if the strange man comes back?