5.

"Mommy, did you get me the pokemon water bottle?" Annora asked me as we left for the park.

It was Friday and Annora agreed to go out with Michael as she won't be seeing him for the next two days as Annora spends weekends with her grandma. I'm not allowed too, its just grandma and Annora day.

"Yes, and also the tiffin you wanted," I replied.

"The pooh one?" she smiled.

"Yes, that one," I said, "C'mon lets go. Michael will be here any time now,"

We waited for about 5 minutes and then Michael arrived, he was wearing a metallica t-shirt and black skinny jeans with shades on.

"My babyyy," Michael stepped out of the car and smiled at Annora who jumped in his arms and kissed his cheek.

"Wow. That's a lot of bonding up," I said, "she doesn't usually share kisses with anyone except me,"

"Mommy, I love Mikel uncle but don't worry, I love you more," Annora said, innocently as she got down sat at the backseat of the car.

"Lets go?" Michael asked me.

"If I said no, would you not go?" I asked.

"Well, I'd just take Annora and leave you behind," he shrugged.

"Mean," I hit his shoulder.

"There's no time to waste, lets go!" he grabbed my wrist and opened the door so I could get inside.

"Nice gesture, but I know how to open it," I smirked.

"This conversation is only showing how you've not socialized with men in years," he chuckled and I just glared at him.

It was true though, like, after Thomas leaving me I hadn't really gone out for dates because of two reasons - 1) I had Annora. I couldn't just leave her and date and make out with strangers. She is my responsibility and I had to bring her up. And 2) None of the guys were even interested in me since they knew I had a child. It was almost as if I was not human but some alien.

But that was that. I did not really bother dating or having a good "sex life". I was pretty happy being alone and independent with my daughter.

"You wanna drive?" Michael's voice got me back in to reality, "come sit on my lap and we'll drive together," He extended his arms back at Annora and she climbed onto his lap and tried to reach to the steering wheel but she was too little for it.

"Annora," I laughed, "you're such a baby,"

"I'm not a baby!" She snapped at me.

"You're a baby, such a little baby," I teased her.

"Mikel, tell mommy to not say what I'm asking her not to say," she scowled.

"He's your uncle," I said sternly, "Don't call him by his first name,"

"But uncle Mikel sounds boring, Mikel sounds nice," Annora whined.

"I don't care if it sounds boring. You're not going to call him by his first name," I replied.

"Its okay with me," Michael tried to defend Annora.

"Its not okay with me. You're elder to her," I replied, "Annora, you get it?"

"Yeah," Annora mumbled, "I thought he was my friend,"

"He's your uncle and your friend," I replied.

"I'm going to the backseat again, mommy has ruined Annora's mood," she crawled backseat with Michael's help and scowled at me the entire way.

I knew what was coming, Annora was officially not talking to me. She starts talking in third person when she's mad at me and I think I had gotten her mad by calling her a baby and talking sternly about calling Michael her uncle - and I wasn't wrong anywhere.

***

Me and Michael were walking down the park and Annora was playing on the slides, waving at us when she reached on the top and grinned at Michael. I was glad to see her having a good time but only she scowled at me, I found it really cute but I pretended to be sad about it so she doesn't get any more mad at me.

"So, if you don't mind me asking... um, how do you know Elinda?" Michael started the conversation.

"Ah, we've been friends since highschool, so I've known her for like 8 years now," I replied.

He thought something and then grinned, "are you like 23?"

"22," I replied, furrowing my eyebrows, "you?"

"I'm 20," he smiled, "I thought you were like 24,"

"No! Oh god, I am not that old, that's the worst," I replied.

"No no, I did not expect you to be 22 because you have a child and you know..." he scratched the back of his neck.

"Perks of teen pregnancy, I guess," I shrugged.

"Sorry," he muttered.

"Its okay!" I replied, "Don't be sorry. You did not even say anything wrong,"

"So, what about your boyfriend?" he asked.

"He freaked out when I told him about the pregnancy and left me," I shrugged, "What about him?"

"I'm just trying to make a conversation!" he looked annoyed.

"This is not the best topic to talk about," I replied, "You tell me about you. I would prefer that,"

"About me.. Well, I'm just in a band. Don't know if you've heard of us?" he asked.

"I have! Elinda made me hear all of your songs. They're really really cool," I complimented.

"Thanks, you should get Annora to our practices you know? She would really be amused by seeing those instruments,"

"Sure thing. But you'll have to come home with all of your bandmates for lunch, yeah? I've heard I cook really well," I replied proudly.

"That's very modest of you," he chuckled, "but sure thing. We love food, count us in,"

"I'm making friends after ages," I bit my lower lip.

"Trust me, I can see that. But I'm glad you're trying, you know? I would hate to just stand here alone with a lady and watch her adorable kid play,"

"Aww. Aren't ya so sweet?" I fake blushed.

"How about you give me your number so we can text?" he asked and paused for two minutes. He spoke up again, "Shit. I sounded so awkward,"

"No, its all cool. You're cooler than me," I replied, "Here give me your phone," I grabbed his phone and typed in my number, "just text me, yeah?"

He nodded and took his phone back. After two minutes he looked up and told me, "I'll go and help Annora on the swing?" he asked.

"Please do that because she won't let me," I replied.

"You deserve it," he smirked.

"I was just teaching her manners," I justified.

He just shook his head and ran off, I planned to go get cotton candy for Annora since it was her favorite and just then my phone vibrated indicating that I got a new text. I got it out and it read:

"Its Michael here and I just wanted to tell you that you're a really very strong person :)"