8.

"Uncle Mikel, why do you have such big lips?" Annora asked thoughtfully as we waited for our pizza to arrive on our table.

 "Well," Michael thought, "Aunt Annora, why do you ask such weird questions?" Michael asked her again.

"What's the thing with you calling her an aunt?" I asked.

"What does weerd mean?" Annora ask.

"Me and Annora have agreed that she'll call me her uncle and I'll call her my aunt," Michael answered, "And weird means...um, weird?"

"You don't know what weerd means," Annora frowned, "why do you use it then?"

"You guys are so weird," I replied.

"Mommy!" Annora spoke, "What does weerd mean?" she asked.

"Weird means to be um a little different from others like, out of the world?" I tried to explain. 

"I'm not different!" Annora said, "I have two eyes, one nose and two ears!" she pointed it out to me and Michael, "look!"

"Yes, Nora. You're not different," I replied.

Annora was about to say something but just then our order arrived and she got really excited and clapped her hands which made Michael chuckle.

I served Annora half of the pizza considering her appetite because there was chocolate milkshake and I was sure she would order an ice cream or have a chocolate later. Michael served himself two pieces and half of Annora's pizza which made Annora frown because she believed that she was a big girl to get a big slice of pizza. I took the remaining two pieces and saw Annora analyzing and being engrossed in her half of a piece of pizza.

"So.." Michael started, "If she wants more of pizza we can order more, you know?"

"Really?" I replied sarcastically, "What's that? I swear I didn't know!"

He rolled his eyes, "I was just trying to make a conversation,"

"Sorry.." I replied, "I was just kidding,"

"It's okay, uh, how was your day?" he asked, nervously.

"You aren't so nervous while texting," I said, "But anyway, it was good? I have been spending it with you,"

"No, its just.. you make me nervous," he said.

"Mommy, I want more pizza," Annora interrupted.

I gave her my half eaten piece but she frowned, "Mommy, I want a full pizza!"

"Fine, take this," I said and I kept the whole piece of pizza in her plate.

"Mommy!" she whined, "I want one pizza!"

"Annora," I sighed, "you have to drink your milkshake too,"

"You never give me what I want!" She flustered.

"Why are you getting so mad? I'm just saying you won't be able to eat it," I said.

"No! You never give me anything! You always have to say something bad if I want something good," She argued.

"Annora -"

Michael cut me off, "Okay, I'll order a pizza," 

"Michael, seriously -" I started but he cut me off again.

"Annora is a big girl, if she can't eat the whole pizza she'll apologize to Mommy, right?" he asked Annora.

"Yes! I know I will eat it. I'm very hungry, hungry like Uncle Look!" She said.

"Okay," Michael chuckled and ordered another pizza.

I was still pretty disturbed with the way Annora reacted, I know I wasn't the best mother but I always just wanted to keep her happy and satisfied, but that doesn't mean I had to fulfill her unnecessary wants.

"Its okay," Michael held my hand and squeezed it a little, seeing how I was carried away with whatever had happen, "She's just a kid,"

"Yeah," I sighed and looked over at her, she was busy with drinking her chocolate milkshake and playing with the straw.

"She loves you a lot," he assured.

"I know, its just.. I don't want her to - you know, feel like I can't do stuff for her," I explained.

"You can and she knows it," he smiled.

"She likes you more," I said, not having much control over my words. 

I did not really mind Annora being so attached to Michael but sometimes it bothered me when she would make comments like Michael Uncle is better than you or If it was Michael Uncle he'd get me that toy and that bag and that ice cream. It just made me feel like I wasn't good enough of a parent for her.

"She probably just sees me as a father figure, you know, she spoke about how weird it is for her to not have a daddy," he whispered but Annora perked up at the mention of dad, well that's what I thought anyway.

"Weerd," she said and giggled.

"Its not funny, Annora," I replied, annoyed.

"You don't like anything," she pouted.

"I'm not saying that!" I kind of yelled, "Stop telling me how much of a bad mom I am!"

"Wow, Sel, chill. She's just a baby," Michael replied in a serious tone.

"Nobody knows how I feel!" I flustered.

"I'm sorry, mommy," Annora looked as if she was about to cry, "why are you getting so angry?"

"Because you don't like me!" I replied, I knew it was pointless telling Annora all of this because she was just a child but I was irritated and feeling really bad about myself and I had nobody but Annora to express it, "You know what? Enjoy your meal with Michael, because she loves you more than I do. That's what you think! I need some time alone, when you're done having the time of your life with Michael or your grandma or your Aunt Elinda, come back to the stupid, unworthy mother of yours!" I said and got up to leave, "Leave me alone," I muttered.