16.

Two weeks with Michael were great. I was getting a grip on my feelings for him and I finally decided that I liked him a lot. He did every possible thing to make me happy and it melted my heart.

"Hey," he kissed my cheek and entered in.

"Hello," I replied.

"So ... You sure you wanna do this?" he asked shyly.

"Yup. But, are you sure? I've just got a kid and 55 year old mom to convince about us. You have a fanbase and a management and band members.."

"My band members know!" he replied quickly, "and they're okay with it,"

"Oh," I  muttered, obviously they know. He's here like most of the times.

"And Annora is more important than anyone you just mentioned," he smiled.

"You're perfect, ugh," I laughed.

"Let's go! I did not know I would ever be intimidated by Annora but damn, right now I am,"

I chucked and then spoke in a serious expression, "Listen, Michael. If at all she finds this weird, just know that we will try,"

"We will," he nodded and took my hand as we walked towards my room.

***
"Hey, little girl!" Michael tickled Annora and kissed her forehead.

"Hi, Michael uncle," she giggled.

"So you finally learned to pronounce my name, huh?" Michael grinned as Annora just nodded.

"Okay," I interrupted, "Me and Michael would like to tell you something,"

Michael glanced at me and gave me a reassuring smile indicating that I should continue, but I couldn't. My body was freezing and no words were coming out. How am I gonna tell Annora? What if she thinks I don't love her anymore? What if she feels as if I'm replacing her? What if all of this will make her hate me? I was so scared, I don't believe this. I was ready, I thought I was ready! I closed my eyes, annoyed with my own self. I can do this. I should do this. Nothing can go wrong, Annora likes Michael. I took a deep breath. Stop overthinking, I kept telling myself. But nothing was working. I was going crazy, this never happened to me. I would never get this anxious. My body was cold. It was like I was a hard statue. I could feel pain everywhere. Everywhere in my body. Needles poking my stomach. I wanted to breathe, I needed to do this. I need this. I want this with Michael. I opened my eyes and faced Annora. She was a little confused and Michael was staring at me with concerned eyes.

"Me and Michael are dating," I blurt out. Just like that. No sugarcoating, nothing.

"What does that mean?" Annora asked.

"It means, Me and mommy really like each other and we're- you know? Seeing each other," Michael explained.

"I'm seeing you too!" Annora replied, "I'm seeing you, mommy is seeing me, we're all seeing each other!" she grinned.

"Annora," I sighed, "Me and Michael are.. Ummmm, you Elinda and Luke?"

"Oh," Annora muttered, "so you two like each other that way,"

"Yes," we both said together.

"Okay," Annora shrugged and started running towards her plastic car.

"You're okay with it?" I asked, surprised at how easy that went.

"Yes, mommy," Annora smiled, "He makes you happy. He makes me happy. He's nice, I like him too. But not like that,"

"Are you sure?" Michael asked, happily.

"Yes," Annora giggled, "Elinda aunt and Me saw you both kissing in the ice cream parlour day before yisturdae,"

"Oh," I replied, my cheeks growing hot.

"Um," Michael cleared his throat, "okay,"

"And we also saw Michael Uncle whispering something in your ear and you pushed him away and then he came back to you and -"

"Okay!" I replied, "We get it, Annora,"

"I love you, mommy," she giggled, "Chris is coming here to play with me so I'm going out and waiting for him,"

"Okay," Michael replied, "be careful,"

"I am a big girl now!" she said and ran out.

"Well," I bit my lower lip, "That was smooth,"

"Yup," he sat near me and pulled me close to his chest, pressing his lips on mine, "You should join us on tour,"

"What?" I pulled, "You can't be serious!"

"I am," he nodded, "Look, you think I haven't noticed but you were always interested in management and this is like our own tour and you -"

"This is stupid," I replied, "I don't even have a degree. And I have a child,"

"So?" he snapped.

"Your management doesn't need anyone like me!" I replied, "They can have better people out there,"

"But you can try -" he started to say.

I cut him off, "Listen to me, Michael. It's useless and it'll be embarrassing -"

"You listen to me!" he said, "All I know is your 20s is the time for you to find out who you really are, what you really love, what you really want to end up doing for the rest of your life. Now is the time to risk things, experiment, explore. You are at that crucial stage of becoming the person you have set yourself out to be. But don’t be disappointed if it is different than what you expected. Life is messy and confusing and really, really hard. That is the beauty of it, the challenge of it; to remain true to yourself, to your passions, and to your dreams despite all the bumps along the road. So celebrate your 20s. Make the most of it. Be who you are, no apologies. You don’t want to wake up, 57 and white-haired and wrinkled, regretting that you did not do all the things you wanted to.”

"That sounds good only on theoretical base,"

"But can you at least try?!"

"Fine!" I replied, "I will. Just for you."

**
Hi! I'm so so so sorry for the late update. It's like, I was really busy with Diwali, I had to shop, and shop and shop and eat and burst crackers. So yeah. But here's an update! I hope you guys like it and sorry again!!