1. Deafening Silence (EDITED)

Okay, here we go. The first book of my Harry Potter FanFic series. For those of you who have already read Forbidden Fantasies and Started on Sinful Seduction, I hope the editing is to your liking. It'll add a lot more depth to the story and change things up a bit. 

***************************

"Mother.....The answer is no. I do not want to go to wherever you're sending me!" Aurora exclaimed as she looked at her mother, who was grabbing clothes from the closet on the far side of the room and folding them neatly before placing them in the trunk resting at the end of the bed.

"And I already told you it's no longer up to you" her mother, Perrie, said with an edge of desperation to her voice. She was gesturing urgently with her hands as she reached for more clothes inside the closet.

Sighing, Aurora pinched the bridge of her nose between her fingers. She was leaning against the wall on the far side of the room, watching as her mother packed up her belongings, wondering when this meddling in her life from her parent's side would cease. Probably never. Remaining calm as her mother was packing up all her belongings was something she was having just a bit of difficulty with, despite her usually cool and calm demeanor.

"Well this was definitely not what I was expecting when you knocked on my door this morning..." she said quietly as she rubbed her jaw with one hand, the other tapping her thigh impatiently, fingers thrumming in a quiet rhythm familiar to her fingers.

"Aurora..... even though you're no longer living with us doesn't mean you stopped being our daughter" her fathers voice sounded from the doorway.

All Aurora could manage was a low grumble in response.

"Don't you growl at your father!" her mom hushed as she walked up to her and patted the side of her arm in a comforting manner, before continuing to pack her belongings into the large trunk. . Why she didn't just use magic to pack the damn suitcase was beyond her, but Aurora suspected she was nervous, and this routine actions helped calm her mothers nerves.

"I wasn't growling!" Aurora said, just a tad bit defensively, not knowing exactly what all the fuzz was about and definitely not liking where this seemed to be going "I was just voicing my complaints"

"By growling at me" her father, Nicholas, said, but Aurora could hear the underlying tone of amusement in his voice "Look, kiddo, I know this isn't ideal, but there are some affairs your mom and I need to get in order. And from what we've heard, it's better if we send you away for a little while"

"First of all, I'm not 'kiddo' anymore, haven't been for quite a while. And secondly, that sounds as if I'm being send away to be babysat by someone. And I don't need babysitting" Aurora muttered as she squared her jaw, giving her parents a pointed look, who were now both standing in the middle of her room.

"Nick, please talk some sense into her" her mom muttered as she shook her head, placing her hand on her husband's forearm.

"Sweetie, your mom and I are just worried about you, that's all" Nicholas voiced carefully as he made his way around the huge trunk that was lying on the floor at the feet of her bed, popped open and piles of clothing neatly arranged inside of it "We've gotten some disturbing reports, and we want to keep you safe..."

"What kind of reports?" Aurora asked, quirking an eyebrow at her father. She was unsure whether this was a genuine threat her parents were trying to keep her safe from, or if perhaps it was just them overreacting. They had a way of making her feel like a naughty child who'd be sent to stand in a corner as punishment, even after all these years. It was infuriating.