7. Alchemy and Ghoul Studies (EDITED)

Well, here goes another chapter. I made like six updates in the last two days, but those were for another story. Now its time to update this one. Mauw, please don't forget to comment and vote!

*********************

As she awoke that monday morning Aurora lay still for a little while, wondering what her new circumstances would bring her. She was the first to be awake in her dormitory, and didn't feel like waking up her roommates just yet as she looked up at the canopy of her  four poster single king sized bed, which was covered in red eiderdowns with deep red curtains. Sitting upright she pulled aside one of the curtains, ready to get dressed, her eyes darting around the room which she'd already thoroughly assessed the night before.  A nightstand stood next to the bed,  and a yellow banner that said Gryffindor with their house mascot, a roaring golden lion on a field of red, was hung from the ceiling. Their school trunks stood neatly at the foot of their beds, while a wooden chair and dresser stood near the bed against the wall. A lamp was placed on their dresser and on wooden boards, which were situated on either side of their beds, presumably left for students themselves to decorate. The dorm was circular due to its location in the Gryffindor tower, and has stone walls made up of roughly hewn heavy square block, and hard wooden floors. The windows also had deep red curtains, while there was also an intricately woven rug in the middle of the floor, a perch on their dresser, and a snuffbox on top of their trunks for their pets. Five beds themselves where evenly spaced throughout the room, and there were several such rooms for the many students of the various years, both in the Girls and Boys dormitories.

Sighing she wondered again what had possessed her to agree to her parent's request to spend the year at Hogwarts. Aurora wasn't particularly keen either about having to wear a uniform, and she waved lazily through the air with her hand, several items of clothing rising from her trunk as it popped open, before floating through the air and landing in a neatly folded pile next to her.

Quickly she undressed, letting the simple-cut dark grey cotton nightgown that reached to just above her knees slip from her shoulder, donning her undergarments in the form of a simple white bra, before reaching for the plain white buttoned shirt and slipping on some tights and a skirt, followed by the Gryffindor house themed tie in thick blocks of red and gold, with a grey knitted v-neck jumperwith the house colours on the neckline, plain black shoes, grey socks, and an open black buttoned robe with the student's house emblem embroiled on the breast pocket.

Deciding on exploring the castle a bit before breakfast, Aurora quietly made her way down the staircase leading to the Gryffindor common room and heading for the short entrance-way that led to the portrait hole covered by the painting of the Fat Lady, who seemed unamused at the early hour. Despite the look of annoyance from the portrait, Aurora made her way through and headed down the staircase before it had the chance to move or rearrange itself.  Wondering throughout the empty corridors lined with hundreds of paintings and portraits, she was aiming for the Main Hall in the hopes of enjoying an early breakfast. Observing the statues with their shiny armour and the hundreds of paintings depicting a variety of sceneries and characters, Aurora found herself in the Entrance Hall, the enormous wooden doors leading to the Great Hall already open. 

The long hall was lined by tall walls that reached towards the ceiling, which was enchanted to look like the air outside. The sight of the stone pillars reaching up only to seemingly dissipate into a magnificent view of the outside morning sky with its hundreds of hues of different shades of blue and grey was absolutely stunning. The four tables running along the length of the hall were laded with food, and the Head Table was mostly empty, except for professor Sprout, Flitwcik and Sinistra. Albus was noticeably absent, and Aurora wondered what her Godfather had gotten up to.