13. Old Acquaintances (EDITED)

Aurora was out of the classroom and heading for the Gryffindor Common Room in a flash, heading up the stairs across the hallways bustling with activity. Students were hurrying about, getting ready for the arrival of Durmstrang and Beauxbtons.  Already knowing a thing or two about both schools, Aurora was curious as to who the School's Headmasters would be bringing along. The Triwizard Tournament was after all a very famous and acclaimed competition, and only students that excelled could participate. Nothing but the best of the best would come and put their name in the Goblet of Fire.

Fred and George were waiting for her in the Common Room, and everyone turned silent at once as she climbed through the entrance to the warmly lit room. A fire was roaring merrily in the hearth, crackling as the flames licked the dry wood, slowly turning it into ashes and red smoldering embers. Students were gaping at Aurora while Lee Jordan came up to her, looking at her in utter amazement.

With a startle Aurora realized that word about her disagreement with Snape had traveled, and it had traveled fast. Apparently the knowledge of what had transpired in the dungeons was no longer limited to just her classmates that had attended the potions lesson. Instead, the entire House seemed to be watching and listening in anticipation as to an update on the matter.

"Did you really do what they say you did?" questioned Lee.

"Depends on what people say I did" Aurora responded with a small smile, making her way to the blazing hearth where Fred and George were sitting, across from Ketie Bell.

"...That you called Snape an asshole in front of the entire class?" supplied Katie as she looked at Aurora with  disbelieving look.

"Oh. That" Aurora muttered, flopping down onto the couch beside Fred and kicking up my feet across the side of couch "Then yes, I suppose I did"

"It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g" chanted George with a dreamy look on his face.

"Yup. The look on the face of the old git... priceless" chuckled George.

"So... on a scale of 1 to 10... how screwed are you?" inquired Katie.

"Yeah.... you must have gotten detention for like....forever" concluded George.

Aurora remained silent. The rest of the Gryffindor common room had erupted in whispers and murmurs at her admission, and she caught a few nods of appreciation and looks of approval from many a student.

"That bad eh?" inquired Fred as he tried to shift around on the couch. With Aurora splayed halfway across it he had little to no room left. He then grabbed Aurora's shoulder and made her lay down with my head resting against his thigh, allowing him to sit more comfortably.

Aurora wasn't sure she should tell them about Snape's behaviour. Somehow it didn't seem...right, to tell Fred and George about the conversation she had shared with the Potions Master. They were her friends, yes, but her constant bickering with Snape and our previous acquaintance didn't seem like any of their business.

"He didn't actually tell me yet" she said finally "His next class came in before he was finished-"

"-yelling at you, I'm sure" finished George.

Aurora merely nodded.

The five of them chatted amicably for a while, discussing the twin's latest plans and arguing about deadlines for their various papers, as well as the excitement about the upcoming tournament. Aurora enjoyed the company of her new friends immensely. It had been some time since she last had given into the urge to socialize and become better acquainted with people. It was nice to have a few people she could talk to, and having them around was quite relaxing. They were goofing around and among the jokes and laughs Aurora found herself enjoying the time she spent with the twins, Lee and Katie. It was definitely the one thing that made her time at Hogwarts a hell of a lot more bearable.