Chapter 1

*After some prompting from readers I've decided to write a new Katie story! A bunch of people, myself included, enjoy her relationship with Jax so here's a go at it! Enjoy!*

Katie Feldstein stepped off the plane to find her mostly estranged brother, Jake, waiting for her. Catching sight of him, leaning casually against a pillar, as he watched other travelers come and go, Katie sped up her pace. His lips were turned into a deep frown that did not change even as he saw his sister coming toward him.

"What is this?" She grabbed his arm and forced him to turn around so she could get a look at his back. The large prospect flash he wore so proudly had the opposite effect on her. Katie looked at the other two Sons standing about ten feet from her and Jacob. "You're not really, are you?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "I am."

"Pop know?"

"No," he grumbled. "He ain't gonna know."

"Mm hmm," she pursed her lips. "He finds out it'll put him in the ground."

"He likes the club," Jacob argued. "Shit they're at the gym a lot, they love him too. Lumpy is a goddamn legend."

"Yeah," she shrugged, "Doesn't mean he's gonna love you being IN the club. What about Dad?"

"You nuts?" He laughed loudly as they approached baggage claim. "This goes against everything I am! Everything I raised you to be," he said in an exaggeratedly deep and booming voice. "I don't need that speech."

"You're dumb," Katie sighed. "Who are these idiots?"

"Half-Sack and Juice," Jacob said with a nod to each man. "Guys, this is my sister, Kate."

"Get out while you can," she said mockingly. "This dumbass is gonna cause some domino type bike accident."

"Hey, they already voted me in," Juice said as Katie walked ahead.

"Sucks for you," she shrugged.

They walked in silence until reaching the airport's massive exit. "Hey," Jake said as they walked through automatic sliding glass doors. "What's your problem? I didn't think you hated them."

"I don't," she shook her head. "I just don't want you getting hurt, Jake."

"We can't all have big wig Washington D.C. office jobs," he teased her.

She looked at him with dark eyes, "Stop. This could be dangerous."

"I'll be fine," he assured her. "I promise, Kate."

"Fine," she leaned her head on his shoulder as they waited for Sack to return with the van. "I don't want to be here. I only liked it as a kid because we got away and got to hang out with Pop but now Dad and the whole family are going to be here too."

"I don't think Dad wants to be here either," he admitted. "But it's for Pop. Big 90th birthday, we got celebrate."

"Yep," she sighed. "He's the only reason I came."

"He's the reason I moved back," Jake laughed. "I wanted to make sure he was okay when Nan died. The club just kind of happened."

"How you feeling?"

"I'm good," he said confidently. "Healthy as a goddamn ox."

Katie smiled at that. "Good." The van skidded to a stop in front of them allowing Jake, Katie and Juice to clamber in. "Alright, let's get this shit over with."

"She hot?" Tig asked Juice as they returned from their airport pickup duties. "Jake's a pretty boy, wonder if it runs in the family."