Chapter 6

"Kristoff Eriksson," Juice announced proudly barely two minutes after Jax and Opie tasked him with a deep dive into Katie's boyfriend. "Born in Sweden, 30 years old, clean record."

"He a citizen?" Opie mumbled, an idea forming in his head.

Juice nodded, "Yeah. He's got dual citizenship here and Sweden."

"Did he get on that flight to D.C.?"

Juice's fingers tapped the keys rapidly before being able to answer. "Uhh, no. He switched flights," Juice glanced back at Juice. "His ticket and the girl's, but neither of them boarded."

Jax and Opie both looked at each other. "Okay, where is he now?" Jax asked eagerly.

"Hotel," Juice said, tapping away, "Here," he said as he scribbled the address and room number. "Hasn't checked out yet."

"What about the cops?"

"I don't think anyone is doing anything without The Warden's say so and he's with Clay now," Jax said as they all looked toward chape. "So we got a head start on Hale."

"He's the one who isn't waiting for shit from Jacob," Opie said confidently. "We gotta go now if we wanna beat him."

"Juice, this stays between us," Jax ordered. "Alright?"

"Alright," he nodded.

Jax and Opie set off quickly and lucky for them they did because Jacob was furious when we left Chapel only a few minutes later.

"Where's Jax?" Clay asked in a stern tone.

There was silence as Juice closed the tabs on his screen and slammed the laptop shut.

"We'll find him," Clay assured Jacob, Katie's father, "Then we'll find your daughter."

"He's looking guilty the more he plays these games," Jacob said darkly.

"Dad," Jake piped up. "He's not, Jax wouldn't hurt Kate. Ya gotta look in another direction."

"I know what I'm doing," he said in a deep growl. "Help or stay out of it, son."

Jake nodded, "Whatever you need, I got it."

"I need you to find Jax," Clay said quietly. "Your dad is pissed and he wants proof so we get it, clear Jax for him and find your sister."

"On it," Jake said confidently.

When they arrived at Kris' hotel the door was already unlocked. Jax and Opie looked at each other with knowing expression before pulling their guns and slowly pushing the door open. Hotel room doors locked automatically, always, so trouble was a good expectation to have.

"Kate?" Kris called out from the bathroom as Jax loudly entered the door.

"Kris, it's Jax," he huffed. "Where you at?"

"Here," he stepped out of the tiny hall.

"Christ," Opie drew his head back. "What happened to you?"

His face was blackened with large bruises and there were crusted blood dribbles from his nose and the corners of his mouth.

"Someone was looking for Kate," he said sadly. "Did she leave town? Is she okay?"

Jax's arms fell to his sides and he shook his head. "She's missing, no one's seen her since," he hesitated, "She decided to change her flight."

"Then they found her," he said in a panic.

"Who?" Opie grumbled.

"I don't know," he dropped down onto the small armchair. "I never saw them before."