assignment partners

We preserve nature
We preserve future
We shake hands with others
We take stand for others

•••••••

"alright class, sit your dirty asses down and listen to me with your fucking eyes and ears open" Mister Clark shouted loudly making the whole class flinch under his booming voice.

Jeez this teacher has no filter...

Everybody who was already sat down, stopped talking and focused all the attention towards Mr Clark. He took it as a queue and started scrolling through couple of pages.

"So I got this list of topics which I'm gonna assign you guys for your assignments and will pair you up to complete these projects within a week." He stated putting his glasses down as his round eyes roamed the class from right to left and again shifted his eyes back to the paper in hand.

Then he started announcing the names of students one by one and setting up pairs. Some oohs and aahs and some groans were heard until I heard my name being pronounced.

"Gemini and Scorpio" his eyes shot up from paper towards me and then towards another guy. I had no idea who this Scorpio guy was so my eyes quickly followed Mr Clark's eyes and my eyes widened in shock when I saw the same guy whom I had seen the other day in my neighborhood.

This must be the new guy that girls in the class were talking about yesterday. Almost every girl was drooling over him and according to them, he paid no attention to them at all which was so arrogant according to some while according to other girls it was hot. I rolled my eyes at the thought of them daydreaming all the time.

Upon realizing my gaze at him, he averted his eyes from Mr Clark towards me and clearly he tensed up but soon regained his posture.

He must have recognized me as I did. but he didn't avert his eyes from me and suddenly I felt self conscious and pulled my gaze back in front of my desk.

God this was so awkward....

I felt goose bumps all over my body by just the mere thought of him looking intensely at me the other day.

Oh come on gem, you are over thinking. Just relax...

I mentally rolled my eyes at myself...

For next ten minutes Mr Clark pronounced the names of remaining students and assigned us topics. After the class was over, I left the class as usual and started making my way towards the cafe.

Soon I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and I flinched turning around and found the same guy looking at me with his eyes deeply focused on my again.

"Hey, you are a new guy I suppose" I greeted and extended my hand towards him to ease the tension inside me, with the smile that didn't quite reach my eyes.

Well how on the Earth was this smile supposed to reach to my eyes knowing fully well that I was standing in front of a creepy guy??

Oh shut uppppp

You are not helping at all...

"Scorpio" he simply said while shaking my hand with a firm grip which showed his confidence and a strong aura around him. No matter how much I tried to keep looking in his eyes but his Intimidating gaze was just making it all impossible for me.

Gem get a grip girl. Just be a man...

Oh yeah? I'm not a man you idiot...

Oh Whatever...

My train of thoughts was interrupted when his voice stuck my ear drums again.

Phew, at least he would say something now Instead of just muttering his simple name..

Shut uppppp ....

Foucus...

"-To do it?" He questioningly looked at me and I had no freaking clue what did he even talk about.

Great... What a great  impression. Well done...

"What? A-actually um sorry I didn't hear you!!?" I stuttered knowing fully well how stupid I was sounding at the moment.

His eyebrows scrunched a little as he pursed his lips but then with a sigh he started again.

Oh crap now he knows that I'm such an idiot and he is paired up with me..

Holly shit...

"I was saying that would you like to hook up at my place to complete the project tomorrow? Although we have plenty of time to do it" he said.

Well this guy can speak more than just a word. Wow. hehehe

"Um no, we can make it in school after classes if you don't mind?" I suggested because I usually spend more time at school even after the classes are over just to read a little but more at the library.

"Doesn't sound so good but still I'm down." He replied with thoughtful expression and I internally thanked God because I really didn't wanna go to this guy's place or invite him at my place.

I didn't know this guy yet and if I told Libra about him then she would be really mad about the whole situation. She is usually quite protective over me.

Aquarius doesn't give a damn no matter what I do but she only gets involved if I interfere in her matters. But this was not the case with libra.

" So tomorrow after the last class, meet me in the library, yeah?" I once again suggested and he  simply nodded in response.

"Okay so see ya" I said trying to end this conversation and as I was about to turn around he stopped me.

"Hey can I get your number? I mean it would be more easier to contact, for project you know" although he asked me but his actions told otherwise because As he was asking me, he brought out his  cellphone from jeans pocket and started typing password to unlock.

Well I i made another excuse, he might think that im just not serious or happy for being paired up with him.

Which to some extent is true i guess...

No??

I cant even stop him now, he is already waiting for me to speak up...

"Um sure, let me do it" I said while extending my hand  to hold his cellphone.

He handed me that over and I  typed my number and saved it in his cellphone  and gave it back to him.

I saw a slight smirk appeared on his face but as soon as it appeared ,it vanished so I was not probably sure if it was really there or not.

He gave me another deep soul shattering look and before it could get anymore creepier, I nodded and turned around taking long strides towards cafeteria.

I exhaled deeply on my way towards cafeteria.

Well this is gonna be insanely crazy week...

******************************

Please vote this chapter