unknown desire

They say, everything is fair in love and war..
I say, everything is fair in nothing at all...

•••••••••

Gem POV

I raised my other hand and removed the locks of hair that were stuck to my face. Soon my hand was caught by his strong hand.

I looked at him confused and saw his concentrated gaze on my wrist. I followed his gaze and gasped a little when I noticed that blood was oozing out of my wrist.

The bracelet was stuck to my wrist and it must have grazed the skin of my wrist during fall that's why blood is dripping.

"You're injured" he said in a low whisper not tearing his gaze from my wrist almost as if he was telling himself, holding my wrist in front of him.

"No big deal, i-it'll be fine" my voice came out low too in a reaction. I freed my hand from his grip and he looked at me for a moment then ushered me to sit on the bed nearby.

I hesitated for a moment but his confirmatory nod made me to sit on the bed.

I sat there and saw him opening a door and going inside it which I assumed was a bathroom.

My eyes travelled across the room to find something to stop my blood and saw a box of tissue papers was placed on bedside table.

I quickly pulled out two tissues out of that and started dabbing them on my still flowing blood.

I heard the door shut before he made his way towards me with first aid kit.

He came and sat beside me in bed at an awkward distance facing me and placed the first aid box in between us.

He opened it and pulled out antiseptic and bandage. Then looked at me with the look, to get permission.

I advanced my hand towards him and he suddenly took it in his one hand while with the other hand he started to clean the blood from my wrist then moved to put ointment.

I flinched involuntarily hissing as  the burning sensation raised where ointment made contact with my ruptured skin.

I unconsciously tried to withdraw my hand from his hold in pain but he was Holding it tightly and didn't let it go.

"P-please it's enough,I'm fine"I pleaded holding my wrist in my hand trying to pull it from his firm grip. He stilled then looked at me and sighed.

I thanked God inside my heart that he was finally gonna let me go.

" No you're not" came his response with blank face.

Oh now he is serious. Maybe little mad at me to try to break my hand free from his grasp.

He came back to himself again with that same poker face. That memory of the first time we met at the door made me chuckle.

My smile died when he looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Stay still" he said before putting some more ointment on my wrist and then stated bandaging it carefully.

He was paying full attention to it and it seemed like he was trying not let any demaged skin outside the bandage.

"Are you always this good on bandaging the wounds of others" I asked with new found amusement in his actions.

Hold on girl..you should be thankful to him after all he is helping you, not the other way around.

"I don't bandage others' wounds" he stated with knitted eyebrows looking offended.

Well done gem, you have struck the right cord.