refusal

Gem POV

Today I woke up late.

Well, accidentally.

One reason is because I couldn't sleep till 2 am in the morning. Whole night, I kept tossing and turning in bed. Then I decided to stay up and read some book but not after 10 minutes of sitting in bed under the light with book in my hand, my eyes started to burn. So finally I decided to lay back down again and try to sleep.

After sometime I fell asleep actually and here I am now in bed with pillow above my head and body messily covered with blanket and one eye peeking out of the blanket trying to manage my vision in daylight and register time on my cellphone screen.

12:47 pm it says.

Other than that screen was entirely blank, kind of, without ree's texts.

He had not sent any text today as he usually does in the morning and it made me sigh, reviving all the memories of last night in my head.

I got out of bed and went inside the bathroom. After spending 15 mins, I came out freshened up and made my way to the kitchen.

I saw a note placed on the counter and automatically knew that Libby is not home because I usually find her in the kitchen in the morning.

I picked up that note and started reading it.

Sag and I planned to go to his grandma's home for couple of nights. I just came here to collect my stuff and wanted to tell you but you were deep in sleep and I'm leaving this note. We will be back soon and yeah aqua is not coming back home either, she is at Charlotte's. There is fried chicken in the fridge, use it today and for tomorrow's lunch and dinner, you can order anything you want. See ya soon.

I huffed out in annoyance when I realized that both of them are not gonna be here for God knows how long. As far as aqua is concerned, she never stays at home anyways but Libby..

Now who would make me breakfast?

God this is not fair..

I opened the fridge and brought out not so big bowl of fried chicken.

It's needed to be steamed..

I'm so lazy to steam it..

I out it back and started looking for anything else. There was some left over pizza too but I hated pizza with all my guts.

Libby and aqua were madly in love with pizza but I the unique human being,among my sisters only loved burgers but couldn't stand the sight of pizza.

Helplessly I pulled out an apple and went back in my room.

°°°°°°°

Two hours have passed and I have done nothing instead of mopping around in bed with empty stomach. My stomach was almost burning in need of food because I didn't eat anything last night too and one apple couldn't do the justice.

I was missing ree terribly.

Where would he be?
At home?
What would he be doing?
He should be here with me because I'm alone.

What if I call him? Will he receive my call?

It would be better to text him..

But would he and back?

He was so much upset with me last night and he would definitely be mad at me right now.

After about half an hour of indecisiveness, I finally decided to call him.

Ring ring ring..

No answer..

Ring ring ring..

No answer ..

Ring rin-

He cut the call.

I bit my lip and and decided to call him again but his text popped out on the screen making me sqeal in happiness. But it immediately died down when I read those cold words.

'what' he texted

I was unsure about how to answer him. He was never this much direct. So he was still mad at me.

'i was wondering if you could come over today'

I sent the text and closed my eyes in anticipation.

"I'm busy, got stuff to do" he answered back.

"Look Libby is out with sag and aqua is not home either. I'm alone and want you to accompany me. School's off anyway"

I stopped myself from narrating a whole story about how I was hungry and soon to get scared in the dark.

Everytime, whenever Libby leaves me home alone, ree comes for sleepover. And Libby actually knows about it that's why she doesn't worry much about leaving me alone at home.

This time she must have thought that I would ask ree to stay with me but would I do. I don't think that he will listen to me. He was mad at me when left me last night.

Gem. Think positive.

Let's just hope he agrees..

My cellphone vibrated signaling his text.

"You would have to excuse me for this and don't ask again." For a moment I couldn't move my eyes from the screen but then what was I expecting after breaking his heart?

Did I really expect that he would come over and stay with me while I'm home alone?

But whatever was going on between us, at the end of the day, we both were friends. He should have understood my problem.

I released a heavy sigh and threw my cellphone on the bed.

I was not gonna push him, no matter what..

Cellphone started vibrating and this time I couldn't wait to pick up his call...

'i knew you can't resist me' I said hurriedly without waiting for him to say anything.

" No one can resist those soft lips of yours baby" came unknown voice from the phone making me instantly put the cellphone off  my ears and saw that there was unknown number flashing on the screen.

Damn I didn't even bother to look at it before picking up the call

It was not ree then who is this jerk???

I put the cellphone back to my ears..

"Sorry, I didn't get you. Who is this?" I said honestly because I didn't recognize this voice and above all no one had ever talked to me like this before.

******************************