Ride (2)

Gem POV

"Yeah, I'm thinking about it" was Cap's reply in low voice and with that he fixed his gaze back to the road not giving taurus anymore room to ask him further.

But his response was enough to run chill down my spine, leaving me drowning in a sea of thoughts and I couldn't help but wonder who he is thinking about.

There was a heavy silence in the car and I heard shuffling in a seat and glanced at Taurus who scrunched her nose at me with her slightly narrowed gaze traveling towards cap occasionally and I had to stiffle my laugh realizing how she was controlling herself to not investigate further.

Soon the ride came to hault and I nothing but jumped out of the car as if I was bitten my millions of mice inside the car and was afraid that they will follow me into the house if I wasted another second there.

I bade my goodbye to cap and hurried inside. I heard taurus telling cap to come inside to which he refused then taurus thanked him and followed me behind inside soon.

°°°°

I glanced at the wall clock while heading downstairs and it said 7:32am.

I entered the kitchen and the feel of empty kitchen brought a disappointed pout on my lips.

How I missed Libby's breakfast which she used to prepare for me and when I would come down, I would always be greeted with the delicious smell of eggs and bacon-but nope!

Not today..

I was back in my house again. After spending almost a week at Taurus' place, I eventually got bored and convinced her that I have to go back and do alot of stuff.

Besides It was half truth because I missed so many classes and I needed to do laundry and clean the house as well as do my pending homework that I never got a chance to complete.

So I was, standing at the doorstep of my kitchen relishing the eerily silent atmosphere of my kitchen.

I huffed realizing that I needed to make myself something before I could have a mental breakdown thinking about all the happy scenarios in the past.

Opening the cabinet, I grabbed three plates and pan and put them on the counter. After taking out breads and eggs,I decided to fry chicken and prepare toasts because that's all I could do and my sorry ass was not so skilled to prepare delicious pancakes.

Another heavy sigh escaped my lips as I punched my nose for my lack of many essential skills.

I scrunched my nose when a light burning smell entered through it and travelled inside my lungs making me cough abruptly-great.

The only thing that even a two years old can make without any effort is also a million dollar deal for me. I grabbed burnt toasts out of toaster and threw them in plate quickly squeaking at the burning sensation which I experienced at the tips of my fingers.

Frying eggs was not as hectic task as I thought it would be. After I was done, I placed two fried eggs and toasts in a big plate on table and rubbed my hands together, ready to eat when suddenly my stomach growled with the need.

I tried to smell my recently cooked breakfast but to no avail. It felt like the smell of burnt toasts already filled my lungs and my nose refused to take in anymore smell.

Sound of doorbell going off was what made me snort. Now who was out there that didn't want me to eat my precious breakfast.

For a moment I decided to ignore it but another ring followed by a knock on the door fell upon my ears like a loud bang and annoyance visibly started ringing inside my ears and at the bull's speed I darted towards the door to have a word with intruder.