10

Ellie

"Okay, lets play twenty one questions." I suggest, kicking off my shoes and sitting criss cross applesauce in the passenger seat of the twin's car. Kit pulls the lever on the side of his seat, pushing it back to give himself more room - which isn't much considering how far they have the seat pushed back to begin with.

"Twenty one questions, seriously?" He gives me a pained look as he hands me my fries and burger from the take out bag sitting on his lap.

"Yeah, come on, it'll be fun. You can go first."

Kit rolls his eyes but goes along with the game, "What's your favorite color?"

"Purple." I answer as I reach for my drink and look out towards a couple walking on the boardwalk in front of us.

Driving around and getting food before parking somewhere to talk has become a thing of our over the past few weeks. Since Kit doesn't want his mom to meet me and I also don't want him to meet my mom, we usually hang out in the quiet of his car, just the two of us. We go out with Finn sometimes too, but I secretly like it better when it's just Kit and I.

"What's your dream job?"

He thinks about the question for a moments before shrugging his shoulders, "I don't have one."

"Everyone has a dream job, Kit."

"What's yours?"

Without even needing time to think, I answer, "I would want to video and photograph animals in the wild like the Thornberry's."

"The-are you talking about the family with the monkey that lives in an RV?"

"Yeah!"

He laughs at my excitement and almost knocks his fries over onto the floorboard."Then I guess my dream job is to be like Danny Phantom."

I roll my eyes at him as he continues to laugh at me. "My job is real, it's just based off of a cartoon. Yours isn't possible, you have to come up with another answer."

"Okay, fine. When I was little I wanted to be an architect. I like drawing buildings and walking around downtown to see all the skyscrapers and stuff."

"You don't want to do that anymore?"

He gets a distant look in his eyes, one that I've noticed a lot lately, but it's gone as quick as it came. "Nah, I can't really draw that well."

I take a bite of my burger as I wait for him to ask his next question. "Who do you miss the most from Greentree?"

I think about Greentree and the people I left behind, I haven't talked to anyone since the second or third week of summer and honestly, I don't really miss anyone. "I guess my dad. I didn't really have a lot of friends and I haven't kept in contact with anyone, so there's really nothing to miss."

"No boyfriend of best friend?"

I smile at his subtle way of asking if I had a boyfriend before the move, "I haven't had a boyfriend since Tyler Prescott sophomore year and I don't think I've ever really had a best friend. I had some girls that I spent a lot of time with, but we weren't actually that close."

Kit just nods his head in response, taking in all the information I had just shared. "In a way, this move was a good thing." I add. "So, what's your favorite and least favorite thing about being a twin?"

"Who says I have a favorite thing about being a twin?" I can see the humor in his green eyes as he leans his head back on the seat and looks over at me.