37

Ellie

I'm cold.

Every part of me is cold, it's like I jumped into a frozen lake and I'm not even fighting, I'm letting myself sink to the bottom as ice water fills my lungs.

I've never been this cold.

I've never felt this type of pain, this type of loss.

Dr. Miller is apologizing and saying words I don't understand, medical terminology that makes no sense - but I don't really hear her. All I can hear is the roaring in my ears, and I feel like I'm going to pass out. The room is getting dark.

Am I really drowning?

Finn

I thought I would feel it. I though that when he...when he left, I would feel it. I thought that we were two halves of one whole and if he died, so would a part of me.

I didn't feel it, not until Dr. Miller said the words. That's when a piece of me ripped away from my soul and went chasing after him - wherever he is now.

I hope it finds him. I hope that missing piece of me is with him, so that he'll always have me, even if I can't have him.

I feel hollow. I'm empty, a shell, and I don't know what to do.

Dr. Miller is looking at Ellie and I like we're about to hit the ground at any minute, and maybe we are.

How do we go on? How do we live without Kit?

How do I tell my mom?