just go away

credit to Geekery?

gwen's pov

david had called me ahead of time and told me what happened at their house. i can't believe something like this would happen to max and david.

a knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. i got up to go answer it. it was david and max.

"hey, ya little shit." i said to max. max didn't respond. i looked up at david. "hey, david." "hi, gwen." he said, trying to sound enthusiastic, but failing. "well, mi casa es su casa." i said as i let the pair in. i stopped david before he went in all the way. checking to make sure max was inside already before turning around to talk to david.

"hey, you guys can stay here as long as you need to." i said.
david looked up at me softly and said "thank you." then started walking.
i stopped him, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him into a tight hug. "you know, i'm here if you ever need to talk."
"yes, gwen." he chuckled.
"yeah, well at least my liberal arts degree would come in handy for something."
we laughed and started walking in together.

"max, you and david are going to sleep in the bedroom. i'll sleep on the couch."
"oh, gwen... you don't have to-" david started saying, but i cut him off.
"i hope you guys are hungry, because i ordered pizza. it should be here any minute now."

a timeskip bc im lazy and tired but wanted to write a chapter for y'all. fml.

max's pov

after we finished pizza, gwen ushered david and i to the bedroom in her apartment, before david could object. she started to close the door, but stuck her head in through the door and said "goodnight you two." and then closed the door behind her. david and i climbed into bed, exhausted from all of the events of today. i moved all the way to the edge of the bed, as far from david as possible. i didn't want to sleep next to him. hell, i had slept on the floor a million times, now wouldn't be any different. i could feel my eyes reluctantly start closing until i gave up and let myself fall asleep.

~~~~

it was dark all around me. but i could still vaguely see. i was... oh god.

a dark figure loomed over me.

i found you.

...dad?

the picked me up by my hair. it was my dad. i could smell the alcohol on his breath.

you're fucking pathetic. you don't deserve to live. you're so disgusting. you look just like your god forsaken mother. i hate you. i always hated you. you ruined everything. you. are. worthless.

he threw me across the room. i could feel the blood pooling underneath me. all i could feel was pain all across my body. my father walked over to me and kicked me in the gut. i couldn't breathe.

god, i'm so useless.
he's right. he's always right.
i'm not good at anything.
all i do is burden people.
just let me die.
i just want the pain to stop.

clean this shit up once you're done being a pathetic piece of shit, you fucking pussy.

he walked back over to me.
i coughed up blood as i said,

david's pov

i was dreaming of camp campbell when all of a sudden i wake up to max gasping for air and screaming.

"max, wake up. max it's just a nightmare. wake up."

he didn't stop and started shaking and sweating profusely.

"MAX."

"DON'T HURT ME, PLEASE."

he bolted up, shaking like crazy. he was crying. i pulled him into a hug and just held him there.
"shhh. it's okay, max. you're safe. you're safe. i'm here. it's going to be okay. it was just a nightmare. you're safe here."

gwen came into the room and i looked at her and looked at max, sitting in my lap, sobbing. i mouthed to her 'it's okay. go back to sleep.'
she looked at me worriedly. i gave her a nod of reassurance, and she quietly closed the door and left.

i went back to max and continued talking to him, trying to calm him down.

"breathe with me, max. in... and out. in... and out. you're okay. you're safe. i am here."

i kept doing so until i realized he had fallen back asleep. i tried to put him down, but he clenched onto me. i lied down with him and sat there until i finally fell asleep.

758 words