homeroom

max's pov

math. art. social studies. lunch. homeroom.

homeroom.

i walked into the classroom. tired as hell, just wanting to go home. i walked over to my seat and put my hood up.
"MAX." somebody shouted. i jolted up.
"WHO THE FU- oh it's just you, preston."
"are you signing up for theatre??" he said, practically jumping up and down.
"do i look like i feel like doing a fucking musical?"
"well... we wouldn't just be doing musicals!"
"THE ANSWER IS NO. NOW FUCK OFF."
i put my head back on the desk and groaned. preston walked away, looking a bit discouraged, but quickly recovering.

3rd person

max sat there and zoned out. his mind started to wander. he started thinking about everything that had happened in the last few years. he zoned back in when he heard a voice call his name.

"max..?"
he lifted his head up. it was ms. cooper.
"yes ma'am." he said, still in the mindset of the past. of his parents.
"you don't have to call me ma'am. ms. cooper is fine, darling."
max nodded.
"i was just wondering if there was something wrong."
max froze for a second before saying,
"yeah, why wouldn't i be."
"well, you just had your head down and i just wanted to check in with you-"
ms. cooper paused for a moment. she could have sworn she had seen something.
"hey what's tha-"
max slid his damaged arm under the table and pointed at a doodle on the desk he made earlier.
"oh that. that's just a doodle. i'll clean it up."
max got up from his desk and walked over towards the teachers desk which had clorox wipes on it. he grabbed some and walked back over to the desk, one arm in his pocket, and began to rub the drawing off the table.
"i quite liked it. are you in an art class?"
"yeah, i'm not good at it though."
max took a breath and mumbled "i'm not very good at anything."
"what was that?" ms. cooper asked. she had heard him, but wasn't sure if she heard correctly.
"nothing." max shrugged.
"alright well, you can always talk to me, max." she was interrupted by a kid slapping another with a textbook. there was a solid thud and the kid fell on the floor.
"shit- MATTHEW PUT DOWN THAT TEXTBOOK."

end of homeroom

everyone was walking out of the class and going on to their next period.

"max, can you hold on for a second?"

419 words

would you guys be interested in having a chapter or two on max's electives? lmao bc it'd be fun as hell writing them. it'd probably be based off my actual classes in middle school. oh yeah, max is in seventh grade here.