choir class

max's pov

i had always liked music. so... in middle school, i decided to try to take a choir class.

walking in on the first day, i was surprised. the classroom was loud and there were pictures covering the walls. the room was huge!

a very tall man walked in. i'm pretty sure he could have hit his head on the doorway if he just tiptoed a bit.

the class was quiet as soon as he spoke.
"hello! my name is mr. lawrence. welcome to choir. i hope that we all have a wonderful year together this year!"

we set a few class rules and went around and said names. we were in an SATB choir.

"now, i know we don't have much time left, but i'd like to introduce you to some warmups! now repeat after me;

black socks, they never get dirty the longer you wear them the blacker they get. someday, i think i should wash them, but something is telling me don't do it yet!"

we all repeated him.

"come on now! lots of you have seen harry potter or read it. give me your best hermonie voice!"

class carried on. we did a few more warmups until the bell rang. mr. lawrence flashed a huge smile at the class and said, "i hope you all have a wonderful day!" in a sing-songy voice.

i smiled at him and left the classroom. just one more hour.

229 words

oof sorry. i just wanted to get a little something out. there's a lot going on. i'll try to get the next few chapters out as soon as possible without making them too terrible.