clubs?

max's pov

after my last period, i decided to check out some clubs.

"MAX."

i swerved around to see preston jumping up and down.

"you're coming to theatre, right?"
i thought about it for a second. i mean, how bad could it really be?

GOD, I WAS WRONG.

as soon as i walked into the theatre, all i could hear was the chatter of kids. there were two groups of kids having some sort of challenge? one group was singing Les Mis, while the other was singing Hamilton. they just stared at each other aggressively until an adult cake over and separated the groups.

damn, that poor lady. she looked so stressed out and tired. i could high key relate, but i wasn't gonna say anything.

there was another, smaller group in the corner of the auditorium that were listening to music. they looked like a bunch of emo kids. they were strangely quiet, too.

there was such a wide diversity of people in the auditorium. it was really fucking overwhelming.

"okay, i think i'm just gonna go.." i said, walking out. then preston grabbed my arm. i winced and pulled back. "what the hell dude?" i yelled. "HURRY UP MAX." preston yelled, running ahead.

this is my chance.
i turn to the door when i hear someone say,
"hey, kid."

i turned to see adam.
"you're into theatre? didn't peg you as the type." he said.
"um, not really. some kid i know just dragged me here."
"oh... well, i'd love for you to stay. you don't have to though. i just thought... maybe you'll like it." he looked off at the crowd of kids and smiled. "no matter how much i hate this fucking school, i love these kids. i love theatre."

i looked at him and then looked around.

maybe i should stay.

306 words

heck this is kinda shitty i'm really sorry. i gotta figure out where to go next in this book and how much further i wanna go.