4. celebration

The sun rose due east, turning the lavender blue hills pale pinks and reds. 

Yu Hua stood at the doorway of his little cottage, swallowing nervously. He was wearing a white hanfu with his hair pinned up on top of his head. 

Accompanying the sun, a figure on a black horse rode over to the top of the hills, riding towards the direction of the cottage. Yu Hua strained on his toes to catch a better glimpse when he saw the billowing strips of red cloth flying behind the horse's rider. 

Yu Hua felt his face turn red as the fast horse grew closer and closer. 

Chang Sheng pulled to a stop in front of Yu Hua, smiling brilliantly at him. 

"Yu Hua," he murmured, holding out his hand. "I have come for you."

***

"Hmm, it's a perfect fit."

"Oh my, he looks stunning!"

"What could we expect of our future Empress?"

Yu Hua sat awkwardly on the silk-lined chair as the maids with expert fingers pulled and tugged at him. 

"Okay," the first maid named Yen He, smiled widely at Yu Hua and let go of a handful of his silky hair, which fell to his waist. "Your bridal clothes fit you amazingly well, which is good -"

"Ah - " Yu Hua blushed. "D-don't you think this is a little too much?" He gestured at the heavily embroidered red garments and jewelry. 

"No, no, no." Yen He shook her head. "You are perfect." 

"I agree," another maid named Jun Yin nodded as she began to undo Yu Hua's robes. "Your body proportions are legendary."

"R-really?" Yu Hua murmured, pulling his robes down again with a squeak. 

"And your hair and skin..." the third maid, Ke Li nodded, pinching Yu Hua's stomach. Yu Hua squealed again, wondering how she had gotten her hand there. "So soft and smooth, and smells great too! What's your secret? Half of the men I know don't know what soap is..." 

"Kyah!" Yu Hua exclaimed as Yen He began pulling his clothes off. "W-what are you doing?"

"Come on," Yen He rolled her eyes. "We helped you get it on - not to mention we have to give you your bath and scrub you first..."

"Y-you scrub me?" Yu Hua blushed. "B-but you're ladies! And - I - I don't need anyone to help me -"

"Aiya," Yen He scowled. "We've already seen all of it. Besides, you are our Empress. And you belong to that demon Chang Sheng..."

"D-do I even need a bath?" Yu Hua frowned, crossing his arms over his chest. "I already took one this morning -" 

"Oh, he came prepared," Jun Yin cooed. 

"How adorable," Ke Li grinned. 

"What did we expect of our Empress?" Yen He sighed happily. "Nonetheless, it's your wedding. A bath beforehand is to be expected."

Yu Hua blinked and within a minute, all his clothes were taken off him. 

"W-wait -" he blushed, covering his intimate areas.