9. chang sheng is exposed (18+)

PLEASE READ AHEAD AT YOUR OWN CAUTION. MATURE SCENES AHEAD. WILL HAVE *** WHEN THE SCENES START. 

"Uh - uhhh - it's nothing!" Chang Sheng dashed forwards in a flurry of panic and grabbed a handful of the drawings while managing to keep them uncrinkled. Yu Hua gripped the image tightly in his hand and the paper creased underneath his slender fingers. 

"Ah, not that one - !" Chang Sheng exclaimed out of reflex. 

"Not - that - one?!" Yu Hua simmered with rage. 

"Ahahaha... cute wife, I mean, how did these get here?!" Chang Sheng coughed, a serious expression donning his face. "Who dares to smuggle and draw paintings of this Emperor's beautiful wife?!" 

"I may be naïve, but I'm not stupid! Chang Sheng!" Yu Hua let go of Chang Sheng's painting and grabbed Chang Sheng by the ear instead. "Explain!"

"Ahh, your very kind, handsome, husband-who-you-will-forgive -"

Yu Hua glared at Chang Sheng. 

" - who-you-will-hopefully-forgive," Chang Sheng wilted, "just wanted to capture your beauty! In all possible angles!" 

Yu Hua pouted, his face beginning to turn red. "Capture me in all possible angles?"

Chang Sheng began sweating profusely. "I know that sounds bad, little wife ~ but - !"

Yu Hua frowned. "Chang Sheng - you are creepy!"

Chang Sheng had been through many battles, many bloodthirsty wars, met many enemies and had many near-death fights for his life, but he had never felt such a blow like this one. 

Officially labeled creepy! By his wife, no less! 

"Yu Hua..." Chang Sheng pouted, giving Yu Hua a hug from the back and putting his chin into the crook of Yu Hua's shoulder. "Yu Hua... please... I'm sorry..." he buried his face into Yu Hua's neck. 

Yu Hua sighed, rolling his eyes, although he might have been smiling a little. "I'm sorry, I was out of line."

Chang Sheng snuggled into Yu Hua's neck happily. "Does that mean we can try out some of the positions I painted then?" 

Yu Hua immediately smacked Chang Sheng off his shoulder and flicked him in the center of the forehead. "YOU PERV! I'M SLEEPING IN A DIFFERENT ROOM TONIGHT!"

With that, Yu Hua stormed off. 

Later, when the moon was hanging brightly in the sky, Yu Hua fluffed out his pillows while punching them. "That -" punch "stupid" punch "Chang Sheng -" PUNCH. "Ehh, why would he do something like that?!" Yu Hua blushed crimson. "Painting such embarrassing pictures - !"

Yu Hua was currently situated in a new room. It was beautiful, as all the other rooms of Chang Sheng's palace, but he couldn't tell if he quite liked it. Everything was a little off-putting - the furniture was placed in positions he didn't recognize, there was a window on the wall next to his bed which made the entire room seem cold, and it was smaller than Chang Sheng's room. Yu Hua shivered and slipped into his sheets, but he would not walk back to Chang Sheng's room. Let him experience some sort of punishment! 

Halfway through the night, he found himself stealthily creeping back to Chang Sheng's room. 

Dumb Yu Hua! He thought to himself. But I wanna be in Chang Sheng's arms... 

He kept his footsteps as light as possible, crouching close to the ground. If he was found now... he would die of humiliation. 

At long last, he turned the last corner and saw Chang Sheng's door cracked open. Yu Hua carefully entered the room, and jumped onto the fluffy bed.