CHAPTER 5!

"Well, isn't that just a lovely moment," A voice behind the group said.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me, for the love of God." Donna muttered to herself, not wanting to turn around to see who was behind her, already knowing.

Ari and Sophie looked at each other, "grandma you weren't invited?" Ari told her,

"That's the best kind of party, little girl." Ruby Sheridan smirked at Ariana, whilst Donna rolled her eyes.

"Hello mother, long time no see." Donna said to her, whilst Ruby pushed past the crowd in chance to hug her daughter, who stood stiffly while her mother threw her arms around her.

"Grandma, what are you doing here?" Sophie asked, shocked that their grandmother would actually turn up to a family event.

"Well, I have decided to finally commit to be a mother and a 'grandmother,'" Ruby said, trying to be particularly quiet when saying the word 'grandmother'.

"Right...okay," Ari said, as Shawn walked passed smiling at Ariana.

"Great-grandmother," Shawn told Ruby who as per usual thought he meant something completely different.

"Why thank you!" Ruby smirked flicking her hair back slightly,

Ariana creased her eyebrows and looked utterly bewildered, "no, no, not like that. He means you'll be a great-grandmother because I'm pregnant!"

"Oh, yes, yes of course." Ruby laughed stiffly, trying to cover up her mistake.

"Jesus Christ, it's like talking to a brick wall." Ari said under her breath, hoping for Ruby not to hear.

Walking back to the crowd of her family, Ari brushed passed Shawn who grabbed her arm seeing her look tense.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong, are you okay." He cupped Ariana's cheek, looking into her eyes, a soft look on his face.

Ari instantly calmed, looking into the eyes of her husband. "I was just talking to grandma, I swear to you I'll never turn out like her, I'll never be that kind of mother." Ari started to tear up, thinking of the child in her stomach wanting to give them the best life, just like Donna did with her and Sophie.

"I know you will be, you have nothing to worry about." Shawn reassured her, as Ari nodded shakily as the tears still ran down her face.

"I just don't to let anyone down, I want to make mum proud!" Ari told him as Shawn just smiled.

"As if you haven't done that all your life; both you and Soph."

'I'll carry you all the way
And you will choose the day
When you're prepared to greet me
I'll be a good mum, I swear
You'll see how much I care
When you meet me.

You thrill me, you delight me
You please me, you excite me
You're all that
I'd been yearning for
I love you, I adore you
I lay my life before you
I only want you more and more.'

--