12. He Told

I woke up feeling someone drag me and pick me up from the car seat. My legs and arms dangling from his shoulders. He brought me inside. The mansion. His footsteps tapped the tiled floor. I slightly had my eyes open ed because I was enjoying the free ride.

"Hey man. I need to tell you something." I heard Names voice trail to my ears. "Is she asleep?" He asked. I could see his black shoes and pants appear in my vision. "Yup." I heard Colby's voice hover over my ears.

Colby was carrying me.

"Ok. Well if you want to ahead and set her down in your bed so I can tell you." Jake made a deal with Colby.

I need to know.

I acted as if I was asleep. Before walking upstairs, Colby swung me around and carried me in bridal style.  I let my legs and arms dangle like I was dead. I kept my eyes shut but relaxed so he couldn't tell I was awake.

I heard a door creek open then hollow wood taps as Colby's feet brushed against the floor. He settled me in his bed and dropped a blanket over my body but my face.

"Love you." Then his lips made contact with my forehead. I could feel my heart break my rib cage as it grew with love and butterflies. The door slammed shut so I quickly hopped up and quietly tip toed over to the door.

I peered a look through the cracked door to see a hint of Colby's back as he faced Jake. "It's about Amber." I could hear the deep inhale then exhale from jakes mouth. "You know how you said you love her? Well she loves you too." From those words escaping Jake's mouth I just quietly turned the knob then shut the door so no noise would hit their ears.

I quickly picked up my feet so no shuffling noise muffled through the doors. I tumbled into the bed and wrapped myself in the blanket facing towards my left.

I heard the door creek open again. The same shuffling but groaning following the noise. "You love me. So do I, Am." My insides stired trying to remain silent. He stumbled over my still body as he reached behind me.

"I love you too." I quietly whispered. "Am?" I felt his fast breath against my neck. I turned my head along with my body to meet his eyes and contact my hands to his bare shoulders.

"I love you too." I repeated so he could hear me again. He leaned in close and pationatly attached to me. I could feel a smile across his lips. His lips attached to mine made me smile against his touch.

I hugged him close as our kiss left. "Colby." I whispered again. He lifted his body a couple inches away from my face. "My sister comes tomorrow." I implied keeping a straight face like I felt nothing then. "I can't wait to meet my girlfriend's sister." His smile grew on his lips. "I'm your girlfriend now?" I asked. I could see the nod on his head.

"Well I can't wait to see her again after years." I saw him quickly hop out of bed and stripped his shirt off. "it's too hot." He implied as he ran back behind me in bed. "I hope that's your reason." I laughed as I cuddled myself close to his bare abs/stomach.

"Goodnight." Colby said as his hand crept around my side under the blanket. "Night." I cut the word short. I could slowly feel Colby grip heavy. His breathing pattern stayed the Same but i new he was asleep.

From this moment I couldnt sleep. The amazing feeling stuck with me as i stared up and around the room for a few hours. Sounds boring but with such a good feeling, you don't realize how boring it is.

"Am?" Colby's voice trailed to my ear as his breath hit my neck. "Yea?" I asked automatically being the around by his warming hands. I faced his charming and handsome face now. His body was so warm I could feel it like a foot away but our legs were linked together.

"We have to go." He lifted his body up with mine. "Sister." I reminded myself then immediately flopped back to the ground landing on my back.

"Am? You ok?" He asked. I nodded while rubbing my warm skin spread along my spine. I re a slight bruise down my lower spine.

"Hey is that your phone?" Colbys worried mouth asked. My hearing shot back to my phones tone. I stood up to quickly grab it and hear the message from whoever called me.

"Hello?" I asked through the line.

"Its Andy. Amber-"

"Only friends call me amber." I rose my voice to make it clear to him.

"Your mom was reported missing 10 minutes ago from your sister." My soul left my body. "Shes missing?" I cryed and sobbed in my . But only a tear weeped through my eyes.

"I'm sorry to say it, but yes. She has been missing. I wanted to tell you I'm  recruiting you back to help us find her. You are one of the best detectives ever. I think you can do it." His words scared me. My body shook in total fear as my breathing trembled through the phone line.

I quickly hung up and set my Phone down on the woosen floor slowly so i didnt crush it. "Who?" Colby asked while resting his elbows on his edge of the bed. "My mom, is missing. They want to recruit me back to solve her case. " I stuttered quitly here and there while explaining about the phone convorsation i had with Andy.

My thoughts dropped. "Am, I want to help." I looked up to him. "You can't."

______________________________________