13. I Have To Go Back

"Why can't i help Am?" I stood up and looked down at him. "Because its my job. And if anything I don't want you to get hurt." I explained. I didnt want him to get hurt at all.

"Am. I dont want you to get hurt. Please. I can protect you." He pulled himself up and off the bed. "Colby-"

"Am, I am coming with you. I love you. We need to stick together." He leandd in and kissed me. His hands grabbing my waist. I slowly braught my hands to his neck. Then i pulled away. "Colby. I love you too. But I-"

"I am coming with you." Then I had to think about this. If I bring you, you can get hurt but then you would be happy to come.

"You can come so you can be happy." I smiled and hugged him close. "Just please dont get hurt." I made tgat til clear. "I promise." He hugged back then grabbed my legs and carried me in bridal style.

"We need to go." I hopped out of his arms and back on the hard wood floor. My feet shuffled as I walked down the stairs with Colby following me. "So is there any cases or files to look at? I don't know how this police stuff works." Colby asked quoting police.

"Dont worry ill tell you. Since I'm doing the detective part you need to be very observant." I said while re a Colby's red car. "Got it." As we got in i heard the radio blast out rap music.

"That scared me!" Me shouted Me i turned the radio down. Colby gave me the look of agreement.

************************************

We arrived to the police station to see my friend at the front desk. "Hey Maya!" I smiled and waved over to my friend. "Amber!" She hopped over her desk and ran over to me. She jumped up and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Nice to see you too." I chuckled then she let go. "Your here for your mom." She suggested. I nodded to asure it.

"My boyfriend is here to help me." I moved so she could see. Her mouth dropped she hopped up and down and freaked out. "Colby brock!" She shouted then covered her mouth with her hands in shock.

"Yea." Colby guessed she wanted a hug so he came close to hug her. "Amber. This is your boyfriend?" She asked with wide eyes. I shut my eyes while I nodded.

"Oh my gosh." She dropped her hands to her sides then qalked over to my desk so I followed her. "Here's the files and cases about your mother." I nodded so she could leave. "Wow. 5 files." Colby looked shocked but when I worked here before there was a lot more. "That's good cause that's more we can work with." Colby sat in front of me.

We both looked through the files.

Reported missing 2 hours ago, by Haeven. Missing from home.
House is now crime scene.
Possible UNSUB:
Haeven
Michael
Joseph

After looking through the fules with Colby i thought deep about each person.

Haeven has commited crime. She has had a d mental disabilities but medication gets rid of them.

Then i thought about it. My sister. She came home today. I hope she took her pills.

"Am? You have something on your mind?" Colby could tell I thought of something. "Yea. We need a talk with the possible UNSUBs." I said shifting my eyes to fix his gaze. "Now tell me, what does UNSUB mean?"

"It means UNknown SUBject in an investigation. Which basically means the killer." I broke it down for him so he could understand. "So can I just say killer?" He asked following with a laugh. I nodded then stood up. "We need to go." I grabbed his arm and help him stand up from the chair.

He followed me out of the building and into the car.

When we reached Michaels house the lights were all off. It was like in the middel of the day so maybe he left.

I knocked on the door getting ready to show my fake badge that Maya have me before we left.

The door opened showing Michael in a sleeping robe. "Hi. Michael. I'm with the L.A police. We need to talk." He rubbed his face with one hand as he opened the door.

"What's up, am." He let us sit down. He only knows me because he was and old friend. "Only my friends call me am." I warned then pulled out a photo of the party him and my sister were in.

"Now. You had some party with Joseph and my sister. Was my mom in the building?" I asked Colby was just chilling and watched how it worked. "Yea. She was sleeping." He groaned.

"Why did you three throw the party?" I asked.

"I don't know. We just did." His neck was full of tension. Was he hiding something?

"Ok. Was there any alcohol?" I asked seeing his eyes twitch slightly. "Uh. No." Liar.

I pulled out a picture showing Michael drinking with Joseph from Haevens Instagram.

"That is alcohol in both of your hands. Now you are lying and I can tell. So tell the truth." I sternly said. Michael lifted his head and eyes.

"Ok. Yes we were drinking but not too much." He explained. His jaw clenched. Something isn't right.

"So you weren't drunk?" I asked. He nodded but his jaw still clenched. His breathing patterns changed. Lied.

They were drunk.

"Ok. Who was the closest to my mom?" I asked. "Joseph." Lied again. "Who was near her!" I stood up and slammed the table. "Ok ok!" He freaked out and rose his hands into surrender. "You know not to mess with me so start telling the truth!"

"Ok Haeven was closer to her. She would go up to her room here and there to check on her. But me and Joseph weren't apart of it. I swear." He still had his hands up. "Why are you defending her?" I heard Colby's voice peer from the blue. I looked over to him and saw his eyes studied and focused on Michael.

He was getting to know this stuff.

"Because." Oh Michael is getting it. "You need to tell me now!" I shouted while pushing Michael. "Because I'm her boyfriend!" He shouted in defence. My mouth dropped.

"You?" I have him the confused look of mine. "Yes!" He shouted again. "Would you tell me where she is?" I asked.

"Well I'm going to try to remember but at this old warehouse. But I remember the address." I nodded giving him a stickynot and a pen, found in my jacket. He wrote it down then handed it to me.

"Thanks. Michael." Me and Colby left and into his car. "I hope it's not her." I implied while Colby started the car. "Hey. You asked a great question in there." I looked over to him. "You said I needed to be more observant. His jaw was clenching a lot so I assumed he knew something we didn't." I nodded hearing his sophisticated words escape his mouth.

"You could be a detective." I giggled as he drove to the address, or the abandoned warehouse.

______________________________________