18. Knows

"So the person your dating is Colby?" Sam was shocked. For some reason I was surprised that he was shocked. "Yea? Why are you so surprised?" I asked keeping my gaze in his eyes.

"No reason, just am." He replied then finished the cone off with one last bite. I looked over to Colby and just shrugged from Sam's words.

Then we got to the green gate. "Open sesame!" I shouted as I rose my hand to face the gate. Sam pushed it then we all were suprized it "worked". We joked.

When Colby took his last bite of the cone we walked inside. "Ok well I'm going to bed." I said then headed towards the door again as I hug He the guys goodbye. They both walked upstairs. Then I quickly ran to the couch and grabbed a soft black blanket with orange guitars on the ground and dropped it over my body.

Then I shuffled off the couch realizing there's a big bean bag I can sleep on. I was too lazy to go home so sleeping on the bean bag is fine.

I cuddled my body together as the blanket wrapped around me like a burrito. I just smiled and thought of something before I doze off.

Why was Sam surprised I was dating Colby? Was he jealous? Was someone else in love with me or Colby?

That thought pondered through my subconscious mind and then as I was sleeping the dream appeared.

I was walking through the neighborhood and saw Sam and colby walking together on a path. They were laughing and were having a great time.

"Hey guys!" I ran over to them. They opened up for me. "Hey so since me and you are dating I was thinking we could go on a double date with Kat and Sam." Colby suggested. I nodded, agreeing.

"Nice but, Amber, I need to tell you something." Sam mumbled. I looked over to him. He pulled me into the bushes but then I appeared in Sam's room without Colby.

"Sam?" I asked as his hand still held tight to my arm. "Someone is in love with you in this house. And someone loves Colby but that isn't you." He was creeping me out. "What?" I parted my mouth and scrunched my eyebrows.

"Someone loves Colby and wants to have him. Someone loves you!" He yelled like he was scared. "Calm down, Sam. Its ok." I calmly said. "No it's not. I want to help you. Someone is wanting you super bad in this house and...and I can't say who." He was crying tears but was just acting scared.

"Sam. Tell me." I looked at him shaking. "I can't. Colby loves you and you love him but someone is here for you."

I took so many deep breathes as my body lifted up super quickly. "What the f-"

"Amber?" Sam interrupted as he walked down the stairs seeing my body frozen. "Hey." The nervous smile crept onto my face. "I had a nightmare." I brushed my face with my palms then threw the blanket on the couch. "What was it about?" He walked up to me and helped me stand up.

"I don't want to talk about it." I replied while still holding his hand. "Please tell me why you were shocked." I begged. "Ok." He sighed in defeat. "Someone in this house loves you other than Colby." Then my mind shot back to the nightmare.

"Someone is here for you."

"I know." I looked down thinking who it could be. "You do?" He asked lifting my head up with his hand. "Yea. That was my dream. You telling me that someone here loves me other than Colby." I replied with a nod.

"Who?" I asked. Who could it be, Sam.
"Jake." My mind froze. Jake? Why Jake?

"He likes me?" I asked. Sam nodded. "He told me before the lie detector test. He was hoping it wasn't true but it was. He wanted to ask the questions so he could be next to you." Those words that left his mouth just made me shake.

"Sam. I love you all but you know I only truly love Colby." I cocked my head sideways so slightly. "Yea. I know. And Jake knows. He's trying to get over the fact that you like Colby." He replied. Then I realized we were still holding onto each other.

We both looked down at our attatched arms and pulled them apart. "That was awkward." He said looking down at his shaking hands. "Yea it was." I replied looking over at the stairs as Colby appeared from the wall.

"Sup guys!" He ran over to me and hugged me. "Colby I slept here tonight." He looked at me with dropped eyebrows. "You could've slept with me." He laughed then stopped automatically rethinking what he just said.

"That sounded bad."

"Yea it did." I replied looking at his adorable smile and his blue eyes. "Colby?" Sam spoke out of the blue. "Yea?"

"I need to talk to you." I heard from Sam. Those were the words that scared me. You need to pull someone away to talk to them. Everyone has that little urge to eavesdrop but I chose not to. I plopped back down on the bean bag.

"Really?" I heard Colby say aloud. He looked at me then back to Sam making me look back down at my hands.

Why jake? Why jake?

I thought over and over again. But my mind couldn't find the reason why Jake likes me. "He doesn't know." I mumbled so only I could hear. I stood up and grabbed my phone out of my pocket and quickly sat back down.

I decided to text Jake to see if he's awake.

A- are you awake?
J-Yea

I stood up and walked calmly but pretty fast upstairs. I turned to my left and walked down the tiny hall to get to jakes room. I quietly opened the door.

______________________________________