VI.

Cassie in multimedia

______

Cassie,

"Now flowers are a big part of the wedding. What flowers are you two looking to have for your big day?" The wedding planner asked flashing a smile.

Planning the wedding has been a slight headache. Nasir didn't really have or make an effort to explain what he desired for our wedding to look and be like.

"Nasir, babe, what do you think? White Roses or Orchids?" I turned the ipad with the different flower displays towards him so he could get a better look.

"Pick whatever." He replied nonchalantly.

I looked over to the planner, she could even sense that Nasir's focus was somewhere else. At times he acted as if getting married to me was something he didn't want. Although I know it's something we've both been dying to make happen.

"Can you give us a minute to make a decision?"

"Sure. I'll be over here getting the invitations ready." The planner walked away.

I waited until she was out of earshot. "Nasir, what's going on?"

"Nothing." He replied sitting back in the chair. His displayed apathy so freely.

I placed both of my hands on his, causing him to look at me. Something was definitely on his mind and the thought of asking him what that thing was lingered in my mental.

"Is it work? Talk to me."

Nasir moved his hands away from mind. "Nah, but let's get this over with so I can go back to work." He said getting the attention of the wedding planner, causing her to walk back over to where we were with her oversized iPad.

______

The wedding planner had left over an hour ago and Nasir had went back into his own little world like he always did whenever he or I had to work. If he didn't make good money I would have left his ass already. Where is the love and compassion that I need to be receiving as his future wife?

"So he was just really dismissive about the whole thing?" My friend, Lydia, spoke through the phone.

"Yes and I couldn't really read him."

"Well what do you think is going on?"

"I don't know, honestly." I said. Ever since he earlier I was trying to see what could possibly be on Nasir's mind that he not only acted uninterested in me, but our big day as well.

"Cass, maybe he need a little you know what to get his spirits up."

My whole attitude changed the second she said she that. Everyone knows me and Nasir decided that it was best we wait until we got married to be intimate with one another. Sex just wasn't something I wanted to do right in the beginning of our relationship because of personal reasons. As our relationship got more serious Nasir would try to get busy and everytime I was the one who reframed from it going any further. After a couple more times of the same thing happening Nasir asked me was there a problem and I said no.

Nasir was confused so I just told him that I swore celibacy because of religious reasons and he believed every bit of it. I don't know what it is exactly, Nasir seems to believe practically anything I tell him. Maybe once in a while I use that power to my advantage. Do I regret it? The answer is no.

"Lydia, you know we're waiting until our honeymoon-"

"Wait so you telling me that you haven't hopped on that yet?"