XIX.

Nicki in multimedia

______

Osane,

"Don't walk in here like you tough, nigga." Jaydon spat, standing to his feet and walking over to the bar.

Since I stepped foot in this piece of shit he called a business, Jaydon had not said a word. He just sat in his seat while attempting to look intimidating. It didn't work though because I have nothing to be afraid of.

"Messiah said you wanted to see me. I ain't here for martinis." I said as he gulped every drop of alcohol that was in his cup and went to make another round.

I'm not even sure this nigga was in his right state of mind. This clearly wasn't his second drink of the day and from the slight slur in his words I knew my suspicions were head on.

For some reason my heart beated faster the longer I stood here in the silent presence of Jaydon enjoying another drink. After today I planned on never having to deal with this nigga again. There was a whole life waiting for me and these childish antics with Jaydon would only keep me in shit that I never signed up to be apart of.

To think that I had actually sold drygs just to be like my father. I looked up to a liar and I was mad at myself for not listening to Onika sooner. She told me that the streets would have no mercy on me and that shit wasn't easy as it seemed. Of course like an idiot, I ignored everything she said and look where it got me.

"You thought the night you call yourself quitting was going to be your last time seeing me?" Jaydon questioned with huskiness in his voice.

"Honestly, yes. There's more to life than this drug shit. I don't wanna' do this my whole life, I ain't you."

Jaydons facial expression spoke louder than words. His face showed that he took my words as a joke. After standing up to him and escaping his failed attempt to end my life, he still has yet to take me seriously and not as a worker, but as a man. No one ever saw the maturity in me that I knew I possessed. They all just saw this high school kid who never really took anything seriously.

Jaydon snickered slightly and took another swig of his drink before actually responding to my remark.

"You're wrong, there ain't shit more to life than hustlin'. This world don't care for you! You think this the life that any of us want to live? You think we just chose to do this shit?" By now Jaydon had made his way in my personal space. We stood face to face and damn near shared the same breaths. The smell of the concoction of liquor he had drank since he had been here, scorched my nose.

"Men make sacrifices. We do shit for the benefit of our survival. This is life or death for me and you owe me your time, nigga."

"I don't owe you shit!," I finally spoke up after his short little rant. " I'm not like the rest of those niggas  that asks how high when you say jump."

What the hell did I look like obeying a nigga that didn't hold any importance to my well being? Shit, my own father just came back from the dead and I'll be damn if he tries to throw an order my way.

Jaydon sat the bottle of alcohol down back in its rightful place. Shortly after he laughed again, what at? That I had no knowledge of.

"You're just like your sister, you know that?"

"W-what?" Growing up with a sister who is much more older you and has already been there and done that, I usually end up getting handouts because of who she is. I wanted a job that no one could run back and blab to Onika about. I thought this was the perfect job for me since Jaydon didn't know Onika.. or so I thought?