XXVI.

Cassie in multimedia

______

Nicki,

Without much force, both of my legs shook frantically as I waited for someone to come into the integration room. After being seated in here for longer than thirty minutes I had lost track of just how long they had me waiting to answer their questions.

All of this was still crazy to me. How did Cassie of all people get involved with Jaydon's missing case and how did the bitch know that he was dead, let alone that I was the one who murdered him?

I had seen shit like this go down plenty of times before both in real life and on television. They dragged you into this room, made you wait for hours just to get you worried of thinking your in trouble, and by the time they come strolling in here they think your ready to snitch on everyone.

"They ain't got shit on you." I said to myself mentally.

I released a heavy sigh into the air and looked over at the mirror that showed my exhausted reflection. My inner self reminded me that the whole mirror was one sided and that Cassie and about five other people were probably looking at me on the other side. Thinking they got me and were breaking me down, but I was really getting upset.

"Ugh, is anyone going to tell me why I'm here? If not, I can leave." I stated loud enough to whoever may be listening. To my command, the door opened and instead of seeing an unfamiliar face, Cassie strolled into the room and came to stand across from me. I was sitting while she stood, I could tell that the difference in height stroked her ego but I could care less.

She smoothed out the slight wrinkle in her skirt and took ownership of the seat right in front me, not breaking the hard hitting eye contact we shared since she walked in.

"Hello, Onika. It's a pleasure to see one another again, apologies that it's under these circumstances." Cassie said as she stretched the fake clown like smile that she had plastered over her face since she stepped foot in here.

"It wouldn't have to be if someone just told me what was going on. Why am I a suspect in a murder?" I tried my hardest to be on a stellar damsel in distress performance. I made my voice croak and had my eyes water like I was on the verge of tears.

"Weren't you and Mr. Cruise romantically involved?"

"Yes, but that doesn't explain why I'm here. I hated the nigga, but I ain't no killer; Do I look like a murderer to you?" I asked sitting up in my seat to bring our faces closer and make her feel my fake emotions.

The look on Cassie's face told me that she hesitated on whether or not to believe what I was selling. It seemed like she was already stirring up a question in her head to try and make me tell her information, but that wasn't happening.

"No, your not a murderer. If I felt like you were I wouldn't have invited you around after we met the first time." I rolled my eyes at her stuck up ways. Ever since I met her at the gala, I always tried to see what Nasir liked about her. It wasn't sex and sure, she gorgeous, but what else did she really offer?

Thinking about Nasir made me think of something that could possibly get me out of here, but I wasn't a thousand percent sure with how this law shit worked.