The Clowns Here Kill Part One

Yn's POV

It had been 2 years since Oli, Eva, Joey, and I escaped the night. It had also been 2 years since I saw Joey. Oli and I were still dating, but it was a bit hard since he lived in Britain and I lived in America. I visited as often as I could, and we Skyped almost every night. Eva and I had also become close friends and we visited each other every other week. Everything was going great, until I got a letter in the mail.

"My friends,

I am going on an extraordinary adventure, and I'm in need of your help, and so are hundreds of others. It may seem impossible, but there is a town stuck in the 1970's, and very soon, everyone in it will be dead if we don't do something about it. There is a dark seance that will take us back in time, but for it to work, you must chose a personality reminiscent of that era and dress like them. 

Remember, nothing from the modern world can come with you. The people of Everlock will know their role and their place, but you will be operating without knowledge or understanding of what's to come. This Friday the 13th, the doorway to Everlock will be open, and we will only have that one night to complete our mission.

From Joey"

I sighed and put the letter down. This wasn't a dinner party, so it seemed fine. It could just be a collab that a few of us are going to participate in. And Joey promised that he would never throw another party or do anything dangerous again. Should I go? I decided that I should. Maybe these people will just need help building something. And my personality, what should that be? I dug around in my closet until I found the perfect outfit.

I decided that I would be a racecar driver. I had the outfit and an old racecar from a video that I did a while back. I put on some orange pants with a black and white checkered pattern down the sides along with an orange t-shirt. Then I put on a baggy white jacket with orange sleeves with the same checkered pattern. I put on some combat boots and grabbed my white helmet. I headed out to my garage and pulled out the racecar. I climbed in and headed over to where Joey told us to meet.

When I got there, I saw many other Youtubers that I recognized, including some of my closest friends. I left my helmet in the car and joined the others. "Matt" I say and walk over to him before giving him a hug. "It's been so long since we've seen each other." "I know" he replied. "God I've missed you. How are you and Oli?" "Good I suppose" I say. "I haven't been able to see him in a few months except for the Skype calls before I go to bed, but we're holding on."

It had been hours since I'd arrived and Joey was nowhere to be seen. I began talking to the others, and that's when Joey arrived. "You guys came" he said and started hugging everyone. "I didn't think you guys would come." "So, tell us about this town" Matt said. "Well, I need your help. I don't know much about how we get there, but I was given this" he said and held up a satchel. And on the front of it was the Society Against Evil sign which I hadn't seen in 2 years.

"I actually think I have to go" I say and take a step back. "I thought this would be a few hour thing, not a whole day." "Come on Yn" Joey said and gave me the sad face. "I really need your help." Everyone was looking at me and telling me to stay. And I could tell that Joey didn't want me to tell everyone about what happened 2 years ago. "Fine" I say. "I'll stay." Everyone cheered and we let Joey continue talking.

"There is something in here that will help us get into the town" Joey said. He took out a scroll, a bottle of salt, and what looks like a leather wallet. "I've got the instructions" Safiya said. "It says those who desire to go back in time and enter the town of Everlock must be inhabited by a spirit that once lived there."

I've said before that I hate all this spirit stuff, and that statement still stands. I mean, having someone inhabit by body seems a little weird and scary.