Wicked Witches

Yn's POV

So after everything that happened with Safiya, we were basically split apart. You had me, Matt, and Ro on one side of the room and Manny and Nikita on the other side of the room. Joey was sitting in the middle. "That's enough" Joey said. "None of us are going to get out of here alive if we don't start working together." "Look" Nikita said to Matt. "I know you probably don't like me." "I never said I don't like you. I just don't like the side of you that I'm starting to see come out" Matt said.

I can see both sides clearly, and I know what each of them stands for. I'm not siding with Matt just because we're best friends. I'm siding with him because there was no reason for Nikita and Manny to say that Safiya deserved to die. Her and Ro had to pick 2 people, and they had to make a tough decision.

"You seem darker, more competitive" Matt said. "You don't understand what I was going through" Nikita. "We all understand" I say. "Most of us have been voted into a challenge." "We don't have time for this" Joey said. "We need to find the next artifact. Let's look at the map."

When we pull down the map, we see that there are 3 new areas on it; the pump station, the cemetery, and a bridge. And then suddenly there is a loud shrieking noise that makes us all jump back and stumble into each other. "What was that" Ro asked. Then Mortimer bursts into the room. "They're going to burn him alive" Mortimer replied. "Who" Manny asked. "We don't have time for questions. Come on." Mortimer ran out of the building and we followed him.

Mortimer leads us to the pump station where a man is tied up. He's wearing a fancy suit, but there's a bag over his face. "She'll be back soon to burn me" he told us. "Who is going to burn you" Matt asked. "The witches. You have to find a key to free me." 

Okay now, did he just say witches" I ask. Everyone nodded. Joey finds a piece of paper in the mouth of a skull and opens it. There were all kinds of symbols that looked like they made an equation. So we start looking for the symbols, and find that they all have numbers on them. We take them to the hood of a car and Matt and I begin to work on the equation while Manny and Ro are over at a safe putting in the numbers we tell them. Finally, Manny opens the safe and is sprayed by some sort of dust. Inside is this little doll made of wicker.

I know that you are not supposed to mess with wicker dolls that you find in the middle of nowhere. Because when you do, someone is likely to get killed.

"The witches are using the wicker man to curse the people of Everlock" Nikita reads. The note basically says that in order to cleanse the artifact, we have to reverse 3 of the curses that the witches have put on people. We also have the key which we take over to the man. I'm not to sure if this man is going to be an evil person, so I'm a little confused on why we're letting him go. Once he is out of his bonds, he takes the bag off of his face and me along with everyone else gasp. This man had a freaking pig snout and pig ears. That's when I know that he must be one of the curses that we have to reverse.

"The witch cursed me. And they got you too" he said and pointed to Manny. "Now, a curse takes time to manifest." He holds up the keys to his car. "I took something from the witches that can help us." He goes into his car and pulls out a book and a scroll. That's when we hear the shrieking noise again and 3 witches are suddenly running towards us. We all take off in a run to Fat Man Slims. When we get inside, we see that they have stopped following us.

We roll out the scroll and see that it tells us what we need to cleanse the artifact; the amulet of youth, a wedding ring of a dead man, and a bloody snout. And then this old lady walks in. "I thought everyone had gone home" she said. "The witches killed my brother with their curse and then stole my youth. Look at me. I look like a goddamn hag."

"Guys, there's a resurrection spell in here" Joey said and help up the book. "Where do we find your brother?" "His bones are in the cemetery" the old lady said. "So who wants to come with me and help pig face" Mortimer asked. Manny, Matt, and I agree to go so we rip out the invisibility spell and the reverse a swine spell. We head outside and Mortimer pulls us to the side. "There are witches" he said.