Control Issues

Yn's POV

"We have one more artifact to go. We've got this" Joey said. "Yeah, but one of us still has to die" Matt said. "It probably should be you. You already died once" Nikita said. "You know what it's like." "We brought you back because we needed you, you know" Manny said. "And you don't need me now? Why am I suddenly expendable again" Matt asked.

"You're not" I say and grasp his hand. "Listen" Manny said. "I've been in a challenge 3 times, and if I go into a 4th, then someone is after me." "I honestly just think that's how the cards fell" Joey said. "You can think that you're more important than the rest of us, but that doesn't make it true." "Say what you want Manny" Matt said. "But I think we all deserve to be here. At the same time though, we are kind of a hot mess. I've died before. "You lost a few challenges" he said while looking at Manny. "You're still dead." He pointed at Joey. "You wanted to sacrifice yourself for someone." He pointed at me. "And Nikita, you've kicked ass. Like well done."

"Let's take a look at the map" I say. Joey nodded and pulled it off of the wall. We placed it in front of us and looked to see what was new. There was so much going on. "Strange you'd ever forget the night" Matt read. "Wait. Look at all of these symbols" Joey said. There were symbols all drawn in red. And they were our artifacts. "The church is new" I say. "It says Twelve. Three. Six. Nine. And then it all starts again."

"Those are all parts of a clock" Matt said. Then it looked like an idea popped into his head. "Hold on a minute." He ran over to the clock hanging on the wall, and came back with these little pieces of paper. They had the same symbols that were on the map along with some letters on them. So we matched up the symbols and the huge message spread across the map changed. "Arrange your seven to get the eighth" we all read out.

We realize that we need to put the artifacts in the correct order that they are shown in the map. Once we do, we should receive the last artifact. And once all of the artifacts are in the right place, the table pops open, and reveals an artifact.

"There was an artifact in here the whole time" Nikita said. Joey pulls out a note along with the artifact which is like a leather collar. "The collar of control must be worn by two of you to begin the cleansing process. Choose wisely as the collar cannot be removed without help. You must reattach the 4 metal rings to fully purify the collar" Joey read.

"I can do it" I say. Everyone looked up at me. "Why would you volunteer yourself" Manny asked. "Because I haven't made many sacrifices for the whole group. Yes, I wanted to sacrifice myself for Ro, but that was just one person. I think I need to prove myself more if I want to survive." "Then I'll put it on 2nd" Nikita said. "Girl power, right?" "Right" I say. Joey put the necklace on me. "Do you feel any different" Matt asked. "Nope." And just as I said this, a girl burst into our lounge with some sort of demon dog at her side.

While everyone else backed up, I couldn't move. I was stuck. The freaky chick walked up to me. "You're under my control now" she said. Then she leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips. "I want you to kiss every male in this room." "Look" I say. "I have a boyfriend. Also, half of the males here are gay. And they're all my friends." "Yn, I said kiss every male in this room."

And then suddenly, I couldn't control myself. I walked over to Mortimer first since he was closest to me. Then, I placed my lips over his. It only lasted for a second, thank god. Next was Joey. I took a deep breath, and kissed him. Again, only for like a second. "Damn girl" Joey said as I moved to Manny. "No wonder Oli kisses you all the time. You are a good kisser." I didn't have time to say thank you because then I was kissing Manny. The kisses all seemed to be only lasting a second or so, so that was good news.

And then I stood in front of Matt. "Not Matt" I say to the crazy lady. "He has a wife and I-" But then some invisible force pushed me onto Matt. Kissing your best friend was not fun. It felt really weird and awkward. I finally pulled away and thought, I'm done. But my thoughts were wrong. "What kind of kiss was that" the freaky lady said. "I want something more passionate." I looked up at the ceiling. "Oli, Steph, I'm really sorry for this" I say. Then I kissed Matt again. This time, I wrapped my arms around Matt's neck to pull him closer to me. And the kiss lasted for more then a second. I finally pulled away.