The Clowns Here Kill Part Two

Yn's POV

One of the clowns rolls the dice and it lands on 8. I know that it's not me because they are pointing at someone else. I think they're pointing at Nikita, but I can't tell because of the way I am positioned. Suddenly, Mortimer rides in on a motorcycle. He pulls out a gun and starts shooting at the clowns. They all turn around and run away which is good for us.

Mortimer and Calliope are officially my new favorite people because they've saved us so many times. But at the same time though, if they can save us multiple times, why can't they save the town by themselves.

Mortimer stops the Carousel and him and Calliope start to untie everyone. I see Ro pick up the dice from the floor and then we head over to an Arcade. Once inside, we lay out everything we have which is a journal, the jack in the box, a note, a key, and the dice.

Inside of the journal is a map of the room, and something looks a bit off to me, so I head over to the back wall, and behind a cork board, I find a safe. "Check this out" I say and nod to it. "Matt, get the key." Matt walks over with the key and unlocks the safe. Inside are two square holes, and immediately, we all agree that the dice we picked up have to go there.

Once placed, the sign on top of the refrigerator lights up, and Roi opens it. Inside is a little passageway that leads to a lounge. The lounge is so beautiful, and I didn't think that anything in the 70's could look like this. It was absolutely amazing. So we start looking around and we find a map that is hanging on the wall. The map is for the town of Everlock. On the top of the map it said that the cleansing of an artifact will reveal more. So when we cleanse an artifact, more of the map will be shown to us. And to save the town, we need to cleanse all of the artifacts.

Nikita pulls the map off of the wall, and on the back of it is a paragraph that describes what it going on in this town. She lays it down on a table and we all sit on the couches around it. Then she begins to read it.

"We were too late. Even with all of our society's knowledge, we didn't understand the Carnival Master's dark plan. To save Everlock, we froze it in time to give us a chance to stop him, but we were no match for his wrath. Realizing that all was lost, I used the rest of my life magic to encase him in an amber prison. But, the spell has reached it's end. At sunrise, the Carnival Master will be released from his prison and will consume all life in Everlock.

There are 8 corrupted artifacts which the Carnival Master draws power from. If they can be gathered and cleansed of evil, the Carnival Master will be weakened and be slain. However, the artifacts are protected. Whenever touched, their evil guardian appears. The final act to cleanse each artifact will require voting on 2 who must undertake a horrible challenge that only one will survive. By sunrise, if the artifacts have not been cleansed and the Carnival Master slain, everyone in town including you will be destroyed."

I sighed and leaned back against the couch. I knew I shouldn't have come. I knew that there was going to be a consequence, and here it is. I will have to vote my friends into challenges for the second time. I could tell that Joey was looking at me, but I ignored him. I survived once, that means I could do it again right?

So in order to cleanse the jack in the box, we have to replace the spring and the song. There are 2 envelopes which Joey and Nikita take. "I'll read mine first" Joey said. "The jack needs a pleasant song so he is not so angry all the time. The clowns have one you can use, but they've taken it to their disco party where they are guarding it. Proper attire is behind the yellow couch."

Then Nikita began to read her note. "The spring on the jack has been corrupted with evil and must be replaced. The clowns have hidden it in their giant tent. You have to rip the stuffing out to find it." We split up into 2 groups, one which goes to the disco party and the other which goes to the clown tent. I am with the group going to the clown tent. So Matt, Ro, Safiya, Roi, Manny, and I along with Calliope walk inside of the tent and see all kinds of stuffed animals.