The Carnival Master

Yn's POV

We all turn around and take off. We cross the bridge that lead us to the church and continue running. The zombies are literally right behind us. We manage to make it to the arcade and shut the doors behind us. Then we boarded them shut. The zombies are right outside banging on our windows and I'm terrified. "He literally just brought the dead back to life" Joey said. "Let's look at the map" Matt suggested. "We've always got to start with the map."

So we pull the map off of the wall, and there is something on the back. It's a picture of the Society Against Evil along with a paragraph. "We were slaughtered by the Carnival Master because we didn't know his secret. He stole the Life Stones and placed his essence inside them. While they exist, he cannot be killed. You must find them, and with the power of the cleansed artifacts, destroy him. The first Life Stone lies at the heart of a tree long passed" I read aloud.

To get out of Everlock, we need to find these stones so that we can kill the Carnival Master and get home. And I will basically do anything at this point to get out of here.

"Be careful of his undead minions. If you're captured, you'll be taken to the cemetery where you must be rescued by 2 of your friends who need to lay their hands on the mausoleum. If you have not been freed in 5 minutes, the undead will feast on your flesh" Matt finished off. "If one of us gets captured, we have to get them back" Joey said. I nodded. So the first stone we need to retrieve is at a tree stump. We start figuring out a plan on how to get around the zombies, and finally, we put a plan together.

As soon as there is a clear path, we just make a run for it. The problem is, there are zombies everywhere. We have to dodge them and finally, we make it to the tree stump. There is this magic wand at the stump and Joey picks it up. When we place it on the stump, the first stone floats down to us and Nikita grabs it. There is also a note that will lead us to the next stone.

"The second stone rests on the end of a hangman's noose. However, you'll need to wear his executioners hood to see it. His raiments are high above, where you challenged the Serpents Tower" Matt read. "Fat Man Slim's" I say. "We played the life sized Jenga game in there."

When we played the Serpent's Tower, Roi was automatically put into the last challenge. And I ended up going against him and ultimately, killed him. 

"Guys, I know it's not the time for this, but does anyone know who put me into the challenge where I had to face against Roi" I ask. "Teala" they all said at the same time. "Well that clears things up. Thanks" I say. "She really didn't like you" Joey said. "Well guess what, I don't care if liked me or not. Because I'm the one that's still alive." "Damn. Yn is throwing shade" Nikita said.

We make our way over to the pump station to figure out how we're going to get to Fat Man Slim's. There are zombies everywhere. One of them starts making their way towards us, and we make a run for it. These zombies are not the ones you see in movies that are slow and take a long time to walk a single block. These ones are fast and can run. Nikita, Joey and I manage to get to Fat Man Slim's, but Matt gets caught. "We'll come save you Matt" I yell outside before shutting the door.

"We have to save him" Joey said. I nodded in agreement. "The map said that only 2 people are needed to save another. So I think I should stay back" I say. "I would love to rescue Matt, but I think my feelings would get the best of me out there and I'll end up doing something stupid." "Okay. Joey and I will go get him. You stay here" Nikita said. Then they were running out the door. 

I couldn't really see where they went or if they were even okay because of the limited amount of space I had. So I just hoped and prayed that they can get Matt and get back here safely.