Funhouse

Yn's POV

It had been 30 minutes since Joey played the harp, and nothing happened. We were all just sitting around it. I was trying to keep my calm. I wanted to bring back a person more than anyone else, so I just hoped that the person in mind comes back. And then suddenly there was a knock at the door. I was thinking that it was going to be a person, but no. It was just a briefcase. 

Joey brought it inside and placed it on the table. "I know who that belonged to" Mortimer said. "It was some dead beat insurance salesman." "How do you know" Joey asked. "He lived in the town." We opened up the briefcase and came across some drawings. Then, there was some weird whooshing noise. That's when I looked up and saw Matt.

I was the first one out of my seat. I ran towards him and engulfed him in a hug. "Oh my god" I say and start to cry. "You're back." I felt Matt wrap his arms around me and hug back. God I've missed his hugs. "Aww" I heard Manny say. "I wish I had that sort of friendship with someone." I lead Matt over to a couch where he sat down.

I'm in shock. Joey and Safiya brought back Matt. I mean, that's who I wanted them to bring back, but I didn't think the harp would actually work.

Matt then hugged everyone in the group and then me again. "I missed you so much" I say and wipe the tears from my face. "I missed you too" Matt responded. "You guys are literally the definition of best friend goals" Manny spoke. "And you're going to make me cry." "Matt, we were able to bring one person back, and we chose you" Joey said. "You chose me" Matt said.  We sat down again and that's when I remembered I still had his badge. I took it off of my pants and handed it to him. "You kept this" he asked. I nodded. "Of course I did."

 "Now, there's one thing I need to know" Joey said. "What happened when you died?" "Well, I saw the church. And there was a blonde woman and an Asian man standing in front of it. They said that one of us had been to that church before." That meant that Joey was telling the truth about him dying.  So that means that we do need Joey to survive the night.

"I don't mean to cut this short for you" Nikita said. "But we just got more clues and we need your help now more than ever." She picked up a piece of paper from the table. "Tell my story to let the fun begin."  On the piece of paper, it showed a circle, and there were numbers all around it. Something about the circle felt familiar. And that's when it clicked.

"That picture looks like that" I say and point to a symbol on the wall. So we figured out that we had to put the pictures in order of how they happened. And these pictures were weird. I was not drawing stuff like this when I was a kid. "They all have W's on them" Ro said. "Mortimer, what did you say the guy's name was" Joey asked. "Willie" Mortimer responded. 

We started tacking the pictures onto the wall in the order that we thought they went in. We had him being born, his parents fighting, him peeing himself, being bullied at school, going off to war, getting married, getting into fights with his wife, leaving his wife, making a deal with the devil, and then him going mad. So once all of the pictures are up, a box opens up and inside is a red button. Manny picks it up and pushes it. Then all of the lights shut off leaving us in the dark.

I was usually not afraid of the dark, but Everlock had creatures every way we turned, so that kind of made me a bit scared enough to grab whoever's hand was next to mine.

Suddenly, a purple glow emitted from the ceiling causing it to not be super dark. I ended up holding Ro's hand. Apparently, she's afraid of the dark. A box opened on the other side of the room. "It's a flashlight" Joey said and picked it up. "Guys, we haven't looked at the map yet" Safiya said. We all gathered around the map and took a look at what was new. The newest addition was a fun house. "The fun house is open for business. Bloody business" I read out.