Chapter 5 I Can't

"It's a long and boring story" I say after they all ask me about it again. I was getting angry fast and Matty could see it. "Hey beautiful" someone said to me "go to hell creep" I snap "fine bitch" he said. "Cassie you should get out of here" Matty tells me worried "if I get out of here. I'll go do something illegal then you'd have to bail me out. And we don't need that" I tell him.
         "Look Cassie. We get if you don't want to tell us the whole story. But at least give us the short story" I hear Blake say and I snapped. Next thing I remember is Blake laid out flat on the ground, and everyone looking shocked at me. I see their faces and I know what is written on them Fear, fear for their lives. "Stay the heel away from me all of you" I say and storm off not feeling Matty's presences begins me. I turn my head and see he is helping them with Blake.
         "I messed up" I say and take off I ran to the Camaro and took off down the highway. I was going way over the speed limit and didn't care. I didn't care about anything at this point. Just then I hear sirens and flashing red and blue lights. "Damn it" I curse them slow down and pull over the cop walks over to my door. "Do you know how fast you were going" he asked once my window was down "no sir" I replied anger in my voice "190" he said. My grip tighten on the wheel "sorry sir. I am having a very off day" I say meaning every word, but anger just came out. "Just slow down ok. And here" he said I took the piece of paper and saw it had how much I owed.
         I kept driving doing the speed limit though. I paid the ticket and just kept driving not sure to where. I stopped as I see the ocean in front of me I can tell I am on a cliff though. I got out and walked over to edge of the cliff. Down below was nothing by pure ocean water crashing into the rock of the cliff. I started to take my clothes off and once I was in my underwear I jumped. I fell and fell adrenaline pumping through my body. "I missed this feeling" I whisper then I crashed into the cold ocean water.
         I can up and swam over to the beach I then hiked back up and did it again and again. I finally noticed the sun had set "Matty" I say and head for my car. I get in and drive home not really wanting to though; I just wanted to keep jumping till the end of time.
         I unlock the door and walk in to see Matty sitting on the couch, and once he saw me he stood up. "Where the hell have you been!" he asked just yelling I ignored him and made my way to my room. "Cassie What The Hell Don't Ignore Me!" Matty snapped and I laugh a cold and evil laugh. "You think this is funny I was worried sick" he said and I just stared at him blankly "where were you" he said sternly. "Jumping off a cliff" I tell him with no emotion "into water that could kill you!" he yelled at me. "Many things can kill a person" I say and turn to leave.
         "Cassie I can't do this" he said and I stopped "I can't watch you fuck up your life again" he said. "Then I'll leave" I tell him and close the door behind me. I locked the door and walked straight into my bathroom locked that door. I then slid down the door and cried. "You'll never get it" I whispered to no one "I can't stop" I say and end up laughing repeating those words. I cried until I couldn't no more and I finally got up and changed. I took a shower then go to put on PJ's, but stop. I turn to my closet and pull on a shirt, jeans, and a leather jacket. I pulled on my combat boots and grabbed my old racing helmet. I and walked out into the kitchen.
         I see Matty, but also the others. "Cassie you can't you promised" said Matty, I just looked at him no expression at all. "Try and stop me" I say and make my way to the door. Blake gets in my way and blocks me "Your Cassie Ruby Davenport. Your parents died when you were just ten years old" Blake tells me. "Matty told us that you use the adrenaline to help not feel anything" Cole chimed in. "Yeah and it works" I say and got to leave "Cassie we won't let you" said Blake blocking me again. "Move Blake" I say tightening my fists causing them to turn white "no Cassie" he said.
         "Let us help" said Sarah "you can help. By moving" I say coldly "no" said Zander shaking his head. "Cassie, they care" said Matty and I smirk "probably just for my money" I tell him. "No Cassie we care about you" said Gus, I laugh at this it was an empty laugh "you seemed to really like me more once my money was mentioned" I say. Just then Blake hugs me out of nowhere "I care for you not your money. Your title. I care for you and let us care. Don't block us out" Blake said as I struggled to get out of his hold. "No you don't" I said "yes we do" said Blake as I continued to struggle. We went on back and forth till I finally broke down and cried.
         "They're gone" I tell myself finally "and I blame myself" I say over and over. Blake held me the entire time I cried and for once I felt safe. But I knew the feeling would go away soon.