Gravy Head

edited: 6/26/16

like I said, I wrote this wen I was very young. I did not know the UK didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.

sorry for being trash 😂😂

Emmi's P.O.V

Happy Thanksgiving!

Everyone was at Uncle Niall's house celebrating Thanksgiving.

I was up in Chevron's room, she shared with Charlie and Chris. They had the coolest bunk beds. It was like a regular bed, then the second bunk when out to the side then the third bed went straight, like a regular bunk bed. I thought it was cool.

"Let's go play in the leaves!" I suggested.

"Okay!" Chevron agreed.

We went outside and made a huge leave pile.

We took turns jumping in the pile, then remaking it over and over again. We had to come inside after a while and wash our hands for dinner.

We all sat down at the hugest dinner table ever. Everyone had food in front of them, but no one could eat yet. We had to say Grace first. I was sitting by Chevron and Darcy. Everyone took hands and Aunt Penny prayed.

"Amen," Everyone said.

We all dug in. This turkey was so good! Mm, mashed potatoes, hey you know what would make this better? GRAVY! I saw the gravy boat in front of me. I poured some gravy on my potatoes, then I got the best idea.

Next thing you know Darcy is crying, covered in gravy and dad was dragging me out of the room.

Okay, so maybe not the best idea.

He took me downstairs and sat me on the couch. He sighed and put his head in his hands.

If you didn't get it, I poured gravy all over Darcy, I haven't felt this alive since drove the go cart at Darcy's party! Oo, that was bad, still grounded actually. When you're grounded it's practically get in as much trouble as you can, you can only get grounded longer.

"Why?" Dad asked me, looking me straight in the eyes, I shrugged. "Why do you do this stuff? Are you trying to get more attention, because this is not the way to do it! It's only making yourself and me look bad! Do you know what I look like when you pull these kind of stunts?"

"I'm just a kid." I muttered.

"This isn't how kids act, is it?" He asked. "Darcy, Lilly, Tommy, Chevron none of them act this way!" 

He finally said it.

"Well, you know I'm not like them, I can't help it." I yelled at him. He sighed.

"Really? You can't help crashing into a table of gifts on a go cart, Darcy's birthday gifts, or pouting gravy on someone's head? On Thanksgiving! You haven't ruined Thanksgiving!" Dad yelled, loudly, but not loudly enough for everyone to hear upstairs.

"I can't! Do you not hear what I'm saying?" I asked.

"I believe you can, and that this is just your excuse, thinking you'll get in less trouble." He said, starring me dead in the eyes.

Be strong Emmi, for mommy.

"I think I should find a new way of punishing you." He said, picking me up.

He put me over his knee and gave me one swat on the bum. I didn't cry. I just looked up at him. He put me on the couch.

"Come upstairs when your ready." He said, harshly, walking upstairs.

I sat on the couch. I didn't cry. I could hear people running around upstairs, I heard laughter, laughter of my dad, he rarely laughed with me. Aunt Perrie came downstairs.

"Emmi, aren't you going to finish eating?" Aunt Perrie asked. I shook my head. "Uncle Niall won't like the fact of wasting food!" Aunt Pierre smiled, coming down to sit next to me.

"He can just eat it." I sighed, looking at the ground.

"Emmi, what's wrong?" She asked.

"My dad! Every time I do something bad, daddy looks at me like I'm doing it on purpose, I didn't even think about dumping gravy on Darcy's head, it just happened." I explained.

"Well, maybe your dad is just getting worried about how everything 'you can't help' you use that excuse a lot." Aunt Perrie said.

"Only cause it's true." I told her.

"I'll talk to you dad, and maybe you can come stay with us." Aunt Perrie said, smiling, I smiled.

"That would be nice." I said. She took my hand.

"Now how about you go eat your Thanksgiving dinner?" She asked.

"Okay," I said and walked upstairs with her.

My dad didn't even look at me, he was watching football like all the other dads. I ate the rest of my dinner, quietly.

After, I went outside and swung on the swing, I've been wanting to swing on since I saw it earlier. My feet hung off the swing not touching the ground.

Who could I ask to push me? Dad? No. Uncle Niall? No. Dylan? He'd do it, he's super nice, like Uncle Liam! And he's not watching football!

I ran inside and found Dylan watching football. I stopped running, and frowned. He is watching football.

"Dylan?" I said, walking up to him.

"Yes, Ems?" He asked.

"Will you push me on the swinng?" I asked, sweetly.

"No, Emmi, he's watching football." Dad butt in.

"Of course, Em!" Dylan said.

"Yay!" I cheered.

I ran back to the swig and Dylan made his way there, taking his time. I sat back on the swing, and he came over and pushed me.

"Go higher!" I told him.

"Okay, hang on." He said.

"Okay!" I said, happily. He pushed me for awhile.

"You can go watch football now if you want." I told him.

"No, it's okay." He said.

"No, really! If you want to go watch football, then you can!" I told him.

"But it's okay." He shook his head.

"Whatever Dylan, then I don't want to hear you crying if you missed the game." I said.

"Gesh, snappy." Dylan remarked.

"Yeah, get it from my dad." I told him.

"Sounds like Uncle Louis!"