Bye

The still and lifeless body of:

Amy.

Luke's mom laid dead on the cement right in front of our eyes. I stared at the body.

"W-who would of did this to her?" He stuttered.

"I don't know. We need to get Eleanor." I told him.

"No! She can't be dead!" Luke yelled. "Mum! Mum!"

"Luke come on! I'm not leaving you down here." I said, pulling his arm.

He covered his eyes with his hands. I could hear small sobs escaping from his mouth. I put my arm around him and guided him up the hill. Like when you make someone close their eyes so, you can surprise them, but then you have to guide them, because they can't see, like that, but less exciting and more scary.

We got up the hill. I could already see Eleanor pushing Ellie in a swing. Ellie was about seven, she had blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She had always been hyper and adventurous, but in the last week she has stayed to herself.

Gracie had always been mature, but lately she has just been in her own world. Now matters will just be worse, they have lost their mum and they don't even know it yet. I stopped walking and moved Luke's hands from his eyes. His eyes were red and wet. He sniffled.

"Luke, I know what it's like to lose your mum." I told him, quietly.

I put my hands on his shoulders.

"You know you always have me, my dad, Eleanor, Lilly and Tommy." I said.

He nodded. I gave him a tight hug.

"Now we better hurry and get Eleanor." I said.

He agreed and we ran the rest of the way to Eleanor.

"Eleanor! Eleanor!" I said, panting. "Come with me quick!" I grabbed her hand. She was startled.

"What is this about, Emmi?" She asked.

"Just come!" I said, starting to run and pulling her behind me.

"Slow down!"

"Nobody got time for that!" I said, rushing her down the cement steps.

I gestured to the lifelessness in the dugout. She gasped. Without a word she pulled out her cellphone and quickly dialed numbers.

"Emmi, Luke you go up and stay with Rick." She told us.

We both obeyed and went back up to the park. We sat on the bench not talking.

"Hey, why aren't you guys playing?" Rick came up and asked us.

Rick was in year ten, he was a strong, athletic guy he just didn't have the strength to ever fight back to his dad.

"Uh um-" the sirens of police cars and ambulance going to the softball diamond interrupted me.

Rick immediately started running.

"Wait, Rick!" I called.

"You guys stay here!" He told us, looking back quickly, but running towards the slope of the hill.

>>><<<

I kicked the seat in front of me as we drove home. It was dark outside and I was very exhausted. It had been a long day.

From the park we had to go to the hospital, I never got to go in the room though, just sit in the waiting room. It was a mess there everyone was crying, Eleanor was constantly on the phone, Luke's older brother who is married and twenty four had to fly all the way here.

I looked at the digital time on the car clock. It was around midnight. My eyes started to get heavy.

>>><<<

"Do you have to move?" I asked Luke as we sat on the floor in my room.

"Yeah. I have to move with my brother. He lives all the way in America." He told me as he braided strings together.

"I used to live in America." I remembered.

I remember when I first moved here I didn't understand this was a different country.

I braided the white and neon green and yellow things around each other to make a bracket.

Luke was over today, we had nothing to do, so we decided to just make bracelets When I got to the end of mine, I tied a knot at the end.

"You're the bestest friend I've ever had." Luke told me, interrupting my concentration.

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

"Give me your wrist." I told Luke.

He stuck his arm out, I tied my finished bracelet on his wrist.

"Thanks, Emmi." He said.

Then he grabbed my wrist and tied the bracelet he made.

"Thanks."

>>><<<

"Everyone say cheese!" Eleanor said, taking a picture of Tommy, Lilly, Luke, Gracie, Ellie and I all together.

Luke and his siblings were ready to get on a plan to fly to America. After Eleanor was done taking the pictures we all started to say our goodbyes.

"Stay out of trouble." Luke said, winking at me.

"I do what I want." I said, smirking.

He laughed.

"Never change." He stated, holding up his fist.

We did our handshake.

"Goodbye,"

"Bye,"

The End

>>><<<