Epiglogue

(Edited: 7/07/16)

*5 years later*

>>><<<

Emmi's P.O.V

"Emmi!" My long lost friend, Raley, cheered, hugging me.

"I've missed you," I said, hugging her tightly.

Raley has been my best friend for four years, she had to move last year. I was so happy to be staying with her.

"Hi Emmi." Raley's mom, Catie said, smiling at me.

"Hi, Catie!" I greeted, happily.

"You've grown up so much!" She said, hugging me.

I chuckled.

Even though I still talked to often over the phone, I couldn't help but laugh at how their voices had changed. They were losing their British accents, sounding more western.

I picked up my luggage and we walked to their red pick up truck. They were a country family, living in the middle of no where, in good ole' Kansas. Quiet a new living arrangement.

I'm sure you're all a bit confused. Let's just rewind ourselves back a little bit.

*last month*

"Children of the corn, please come here!" Eleanor called from the living room.

I got off my bed and walked to the living room. I sat down on the couch. My little brother, Braden sat next to me, Lilly on the other side, then Tommy.

Braden-
•five-year-old
•little snot booger
•spitting image of dad

"We need to have a very important discussion." Dad said.

I looked worriedly at Lilly.

"Mum, you're pregnant?" Tommy gasped.

"No," Eleanor chuckled. "We have been called down to Costa Rica for some business."

"That's exciting!" Lilly cheered.

The four of us smiled at them. Dad looked at Eleanor.

"The problem is that you guys can't come with us." Dad said, carefully.

Everyone's smiles dropped.

"Where would we stay then?" Tommy asked.

"We will only be gone for a couple months. We've already situated where you guys will stay." Eleanor told us.

*Present Day*

We pulled up the gravel road, leading to a large house. The house was two story and white. There was free land for miles and miles. There was a big red barn a bit off in the land. They had pigs, horses, chickens, sheep and cows.

"Welcome home, Emmi!" Catie cheered.

"Come on, I'll show you around!" Raley said, excitingly, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of the car.

Once we got out of the car a little black, tan and white dog ran up to us.

"Emmi, meet Francis. Francis meet Emmi." Raley properly introduced us. "Francis is a Basset Hound, which are good trail dogs."