Chapter 9.

Devin's POV

"Oh. My. Goodness!" My dad, Bailey, exclaimed. "You are the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen. My Devvy is so lucky. I can't believe you are her soulmate! Oh I'm just so excited to have another daughter. We have 4 boys and our little beauty, Devine!"

"Ok dad. That's enough I interrupted. Let pops have a turn to talk." With that dad backed off and pops came in for a 3 person hug, including Lex and me.

"Hi! You really are gorgeous. My name is Grant, and this is my husband Bailey. He goes by Bay or you could just call him dad and I'm pops." Pops started. "It's so nice to meet oh. Sorry for the clutter. We just lived here and we aren't unpacked yet. Anyways, tell us about you. We don't even know your name yet. How rude of us. "

"I'm Alexis, but you can call me Lex. It's so nice to meet you guys. I've been so excited to meet you guys all day! I'm so happy that I'm going to be a part of your family now. And thank you guys so much for saying that I'm beautiful. It means a lot."

Just as Lex finished saying that my twin brothers came down the stairs and whipped around the handle.

"Hi! I'm Jetson and this is my twin brother Kent! If you can't tell were identical. Except I have a freckle on my chin! Who are you?" Jet said the Lex. He never shuts up so I was happy when Kent took over.

"Hi! I'm Kent. Nice to meet you." He said. Then his eyes got really wide. "Are you my sister's soulmate? I always wanted another sister! You have to marry her. She's pretty awesome. Once she..." I cut him off by covering his mouth. Lex was laughing.

"Hi Jetson and Kent. Nice to meet you. How old are you, 8?" Lex asked. They immediately coerced her and said that they were 9 and yesterday was their birthday. "Well happy late ninth birthday! And yes I am your sisters soulmate. It's a little early for marriage but maybe one day."

"Ok!" Jet said and then they ran back upstairs.

"Why don't you stay over for a little bit. We were going to start dinner soon, would you like to stay? We can get to know each other a little bit more. You know we've been waiting for this day ever since we saw that Devin's wrist said 12 days. Those are the most crucial times of mental awareness you know. I remember when mine said only 12 days left. You see, the way I met Bay was..."

"Ok, that's enough pops." I interrupted. "Maybe that's a story for another time? Anyways, what's for dinner tonight?" I asked. Pops always makes dinner and dad always helps clean up. With 4 boys around there is always a new mess by the end of the day.

"I was thinking of making my parmesan pork chops. Does that sound good Lex?"

"Hat sounds amazing. It's actually my favorite meal. My dad used to make it for me all the time when I was young. Anyways," Lex said. "I should probably call my mom and tell her that I'll be staying for dinner."

"Well I'm glad that you will enjoy the food. I'll let you go call your mom."

"Thanks."

After Lex left the room dad asked me about her parents, if I had already met them. I told them about her dad and they both looked like they were gonna cry. I reassured them that it was ok and that she probably wouldn't want to talk about it and they nodded their heads.

"Ok. My mom said that I could stay for dinner. And she wanted to know if you guys were all able to come over for dinner. Even the brothers. Speaking of, I've seen 2 of them, where are the other ones?" Lex asked and then dad chimed in almost immediately.

"Our youngest, Grayson, is at a friends house tonight. And our oldest, Ethan, is at college right now. He goes to University of Dayton. Where are you going to be going?"

"I'll be going to UD as well. I'll be going there to study patent law. What's Ethan studying?"

"Same thing. Maybe you'll see him around! I wish that Devine would do the same but..." I cut dad off.

"Anyways," I started and gave dads a death stare. "Let's start getting ready for dinner and I'll show Lex around the house." I suggested. Everyone agreed.
_______
Alexa's POV

As Devin started showing me around the house, I realized how huge it was. I couldn't believe it. It made my house look like a shoebox. After looking around the downstairs, Devin took me up to her room.

"So whatta ya wanna do it talk about?" Devin interrupted my thoughts. Only one question popped into my mind.

"What was your dad talking about? Like why did you cut him off?"

"They are disappointed in me because I'm not going to college. But I can't go yet." I waited as I thought that she was going to add something else, but when she looks up at me for a response I realized that she was done talking.

"Oh ok. Well, you can tell me anything. Regardless of the soulmate thing. I'm always here for you no matter what."

"You see, my dad's have a lot of money and they are paying for Ethan's college. Bunk won't let them pay for mine and I don't have a well paying job so I can't go yet. They are so disappointed in me that they have threatened to kick me out of the house..." she paused and I saw a tear form on her eye. I felt so bad for her and I just wanted to give her a hug. "And they said if I don't go they aren't gonna come to my wedding no matter what or when." I could only say one word.

"Oh."