Heartache

It was a long while before Felix had calmed down enough to wiggle out of the hold Jisung and Hyunjin had in him, bowing his head respectfully and saying 'thanks' before he wandered over to Chan's bus, the only other thing in District 9 that hadn't sustained too much damage.

He hopped inside, walking over to the mattress that was still there and collapsing into it, utterly exhausted. The blankets still smelled like Chan, and Felix wrapped said blankets around himself burrito style, snuggling into them.

That evening, he cried himself to sleep without Chan there to comfort him.

:::

In District 4...

Chan sighed heavily as his heart ached. It was like he could also feel Felix's internal pain, because he knew that his Mate wasn't in the right mental state at that moment.

Chan gripped the his chest over where his heart was, closing his eyes and breathing in and out deeply, trying to will his heartache away.

But it wouldn't budge.

Chan swallowed the lump his throat as he stumbled towards where his new sleeping quarters would be; right next to Leo and Hyuk's room. He had one hand on the wall, the pain in his heart, suddenly becoming a little too much to bear. Chan's back then hit the wall and he slid down until he was in a sitting position, his head lying back against the wall and his breathing laboured.

"I'm sorry Lix...I'm sorry I'm doing this to us" Chan whispered.

Chan closed his eyes as tears fell down his cheeks. It hurt so much, and he hated it, but it was the best, for now.

"I love you Lix, I hope you still love me"

:::

Back in District 9...

Felix shot up into a sitting position, breathing heavily. He didn't know if it was real or not, but he swore he heard Chan's voice in his head. Felix choked back a sob, his legs bent as he buried his face in between his knees, tears rushing down from his eyes.

"Of course I still love you Channie..." Felix sobbed.

It hurt so much; much more than any wound he ever had. His heart felt like it was cracking and bleeding. His entire body felt like it was on fire, and not in a good way.

Felix screamed in anguish, the sound gut wrenching and loud enough to gain Minho's attention. Minho cursed, standing up from where he was sitting next to Jisung outside, and ran over to the bus. He saw Felix there, rocking himself back and forth and sobbing loudly.

"Oh Felix" Minho sighed with sad eyes as he lifted himself into the bus and crawled over to Felix.

The hybrid looks up at his brother, his eyes red and bloodshot from crying so much.

"M-MinMin" Felix chokes out, reaching out and latching on to Minho's shirt.

"C'mere you big baby" Minho chuckles softly, wrapping his arms around Felix and holding his younger brother close.

"It h-hurts so much MinMin. M-make it stop" Felix sobbed.

"What hurts Lix?" Minho asks softly, running a hand through Felix's hair gently.

"E-everything. I-I can't believe he's gone" Felix cried.

"You'll be okay, I promise. This'll all work out in the end" Minho reassures him.

"It's never going to be okay, not without my Channie here. I want him back, I need him back" Felix's entire body shook as he cried into Minho's shirt.

"We can't bring him back Lix" Minho said sadly, "but I wish we could"

Felix sniffled, looking up at Minho.

"At least you still have Jisung..." Felix wiggled out of Minho's grasp, turning away from his brother.

"Felix, don't be like this please" Minho begged.

"I'm not being like anything. Just...go back to Jisung, I'm fine now" Felix sniffled, wiping his eyes free of tears.

Minho opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it as he stood up and silently walked out of the bus, heading g back to where Jisung was.

As soon as Minho was out of earshot, Felix lied back down on his side, his back facing the door of the bus as he silently cried himself to sleep with the blankets still wrapped securely around him.

But those blankets would never give him the feeling of love and security like Chan did...

If y'all thought these first chapters were gonna be fluffy and sweet, y'all thought WRONG! This may be a bit...sad and intense at first with some lil bits of fluff every now and again...yeh...