A New Home

I shakily approached the door to the mansion of a home I was sent to live in. I glanced from my panther to the General who grudgingly stood to the side of me, and proceeded to press the buzzer on the door. The speaker beside the door buzzed, "Hello?" "Hello, I believe I am supposed to be living here. My name is Jam..... Bucky, Bucky Barnes. Is this the correct address?" "Oh, yes, this is the place. I will send someone down immediately to fetch you." "Thank you." The the speaker buzzed signaling its turning off. I let out a shaky sigh and felt the general rest his hand on my shoulder.

"You're going to tell them? About your..past?" I looked up to meet his eyes, my shoulders stiffening. "...Eventually...I want to get to know them first," he nodded, patting my head, helping my to relax a bit. I usually have nerves of steel, I was trained to have no emotion, but now, as I waited to meet my new family, to leave the one I've had for three years behind, I couldn't stop shaking. My breath hitched as I saw someone walking down the hall towards the door. "You're going to be great, Bucky. You can always come back if it doesn't suit you." I saw a slight tear in his eyes and I smiled and replied, "Yessir, of course, sir."

I stood stiff and ridged as the door opened to a blond man dressed in Buddhist robes. "You must be our new Imōto-chan. my name is Kaname, I am the third son. welcome to our home," he smiled and tightly embraced me, making both the General and myself blush.

"Ahem...I was... wondering if I could meet the...head of the house?" The general said, making me confused about how much he cared about me. I pushed out of the hug, facing the man I was now supposed to call... brother?...my face stern.

"Ah, of course, Masaomi is inside, would you like to in, ah...sir?"

"General..." I growled under my breath.

"I must return to base, but thank you, (turning to me) take care of yourself, Bucky," he said turning to me. We shook hands, and I held a salute as he returned to the helicopter. I formally saluted him as the chopper took air, and I could have sworn he winked at me before disappearing in the clouds.

" We are just now sitting down for dinner, care to join us?" My head held high, I adjusted the bag on my shoulder before meeting his eyes and replying, "Dinner? At 9:30 in the evening? Why so late?"

"We...Ukyo assumed you would be hungry, so he insisted on waiting for you."

"There was no need for that. But since you all waited, I suppose I should." He held the door for me, which threw me off guard for a moment, but I quickly regains my stature and walked through with Shuri.

He slapped me playfully on the back as I passed him. "When Ema said you military girl, she wasn't kidding!"

"How do you not notice the giant monstrous beast walking next me?! How oblivious are you?!?" I thought as I looked straight ahead as he showed me to the dinning room. I dropped the leash, trusting Shuri not to go insane, and she trotted ahead. A second later I heard a few screams followed by yelling and laughter, and Shuri came loping back, a shoe in her mouth. I stiffled a giggle as I took the shoe she offered me. I glanced at Kaname, seeing his face frozen in shock.
We rounded the corner ahead of us, and I froze, all eyes were on me.