Chapter 1

(Before Lou and El met)

Eleanor's POV:

beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Was the dreadful noise that ended my wonderful night's sleep. The first one that I've gotten since my parents... never mind. I really don't like to think about it. I couldn't seem to wake myself up, but I had to get ready for work... UGH. I forgot we had the big inspection today. If I didn't show the boss how carefully I was preparing and handling food at the bakery, I would surely lose my job. Then how would I support myself? After the incident, and everthing...

I dragged myself out of bed, and got in the shower, careful not to wake up my older sister. She's had it worse, considering her boyfriend was cheating on her for the 5 months they were going out. I was so tired, I fell on the floor in the shower and almost fell asleep. I stepped out of the shower, and dried myself off. I grabbed my work uniform out of my closet, and put on my light blue skinny jeans with some black toms. I snatched a bagel and my car keys, and slowly pulled out of the garage. I arrived at work, noticing my boss was standing by my station. What? The inspection didn't start for 15 more min...

"Aww crap." I mumbled. "Sorry Mr. Hudson" I muttered.

"No. Eleanor, sorry doesn't cut it. Get over here and show me what you've been preparing, or I will NOT pass you!" he yelled at me. Mr. Hudson was a very lonely man. His wife had died three years ago, and he has been cranky ever since. I've been working at this bakery for 4 years, so I was fortunate enough to get his old happy self for a year.

I slowly walked over to my station and began to knead some bread dough. It was very relaxing. When I work in the bakery, all of my worries seem to wash away for the 6 hours that I work.

"No. Eleanor you're doing it wrong." he interrupted me. "You knead the dough with more muscle, you're very weak Eleanor." he corrected me as he violently scribbled something onto his clipboard. "Next, Eleanor!"

I poured all of the ingredients into the mixer and started it up. As the concoction of ingredients began to form the cookie dough, I couldn't help but think about mum and dad...

"Eleanor you're mixing it too long!" Mr. Hudson interrupted my thoughts yet again. How can you possibly mix cookie dough too long? I stopped the mixer, and carefully placed the cookie dough into little round balls on the cookie sheet. I put them in the oven and set the timer before Mr. Hudson could yell at me again. He was scribbling something onto his clipboard again, and I pulled the cookies out of the oven.

What? The cookies weren't baked at all! OH NO. I forgot to heat the oven up! I'm surely losing my job, now. Mr. Hudson looked up from his clipboard and at my cookies. He just shook his head and walked awat. What does that mean?

I continued my day very normally, nonstop thinking about mummy and daddy. Why did this happen to me? Why me? My six hours were almost up, and I began to pack up my station. I was wiping down the counter, when Mr. Hudson walked over to me with an angry expression on his face.

"Eleanor Calder, you have failed to show me that you have been preparing food properly, and I have no other choice but to fire you." Is all he said, and he walked away. What? I can't even believe it. The bakery that I've been working in for 4 years, I no longer get to work at. There's no point in arguing with Mr. Hudson, it's not worth it.

I slowly walked out of the bakery, looking back, thinking that is the last time I will ever be able to do the one thing I love. I walked out with my head down, towards my car. Maybe some starbucks will cheer me up? I hopped in my car and drove to the nearest starbucks. I opened the doors to find that the line had about 10 people in it. Great. I thought. Just my luck.

It was finally my turn at the counter, and I ordered my drink. I've waited 5 minutes, still no drink. 5 more minutes, and my drink still hasn't come. What's the hold up? My drink came 15 minutes after me ordering it, and I dug through my purse for my wallet. Where is it? I practically had to dump it out my purse to look for it, but it wasn't there. I grabbed my wallet this morning, I remember. Oh no. I left it at work, on the table in the front! It's stolen for sure, now.

I had to leave starbucks, without any starbucks. That is not something that Eleanor Calder likes to do! Oh well, I will have something at home. I looked around the parking lot for my car, but it was no where to be seen. I searched through the whole parking lot, my car not to be seen. it was stolen. Great. I started on my walk home, only thinking about more bad luck to come...

***********************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Okay...feedback please? If you like the story, fan me? :) I really need more fans...

Thanks!