Chapter 13

"He....he has....Megan?" I stuttered. I still hadn't quite processed what had happened. "No," I stood up and ran for the door.

"Eleanor, stop! You don't understand, it will just make things worse for them!" Mom tried telling me. But I wouldn't listen. I bolted down the stairs and accidentally ran straight into Louis' arms. I struggled to break free but his grip on my arms was too much.

"Eleanor, what's wrong? Please tell me. I hate to see you like this," he whispered. I sniffled and continued to struggle in his arms. Eventually I gave up and decided to spill.

I motioned for him to bend down so that I could whisper to him. He did and I put my mouth up to his ear. I spoke very quietly. "Listen, you know the man...he....he sent my mother a text...and" Before I could finish, I started sobbing really loudly into his ear.

"Hey, it's okay. They're just text messages, right?" he said, trying to make me feel better.

I shook my head. "He...he has Megan," I managed to choke out. He finally let go of me and I took off running towards the door. I make it to the edge of the sidewalk until I realized I don't know where to go. I slowly turned around and walked back up to the house. Is this really happening?

My mom was crying on the couch, everyone else comforting her. No one even noticed me coming in. I quietly snuck upstairs and back to the room where my mother and I had talked. Yes, just as I had thought! My mom had left her cell phone on the bed. I grabbed it and immediately opened up the conversation with the man.

Listen,

I texted him. I don't know who you are or why you're texting my mom. But please stop. If you want to threaten someone, then threaten me. My number is ***-***-****. I dare you.

I pressed send and deleted the message afterwards. So it still sent, but my mom will never know I replied. I walked down into the kitchen where Louis was drinking a water bottle. I sat down at the table and put my head in my hands. Louis walked over to me and put his hand on my back. "Everything will be okay, Eleanor. I know it will."

I was about to reply when my phone buzzed in my back pocket. I opened it up and I had a text from "Unknown number". I turned to Louis. "Thanks, Louis. You always know what to say. But I um...need to go to the bathroom," I said and stood up. I walked to the bathroom, thinking about how sweet he was. I hate lying to him. I locked the door behind me and opened the message.

Eleanor. Brave, little Eleanor. If you think you're so brave, then let's settle this once and for all. Meet me at the old warehouse at 6:00 sharp tomorrow night. And no funny business. If you tell a soul about our little agreement, your friend is going to be punished. So I strongly suggest you come alone and unarmed. See you soon.

What? Meet him....alone? I replied immediately.

Fine. But nothing happens to either of them before that, alright?

I sent the text and flushed the toilet to make it sound like I had actually gone. Just as I had turned on the sink, I got a reply.

Wouldn't dream of it, sweetheart.

This guy was so creepy. I suddenly worked up the nerve to send him something else.

And DON'T call me sweetheart.

Well, that's a start. He replied almost immediately.

I suggest you don't make me angry. I might take it out on Megan or Josh, sweetheart.

I balled my fists in pure anger. How could he do this to Megan? Or Josh? I didn't even want to reply. I walked out of the bathroom, frustrated. Louis ran up to me as soon as he saw me. "Eleanor, to take your mind off of things...do you maybe wanna go to dinner tomorrow? Maybe around 6?" he asked me.

I shook my head. "Sorry, I have plans. Later though, I promise!" I said. That's when I realized....I was going to the warehouse. I was going alone. I was going defensless. And I was going to save my best friend.

**********************************************************************************

A/N

Did ya guys like this chapter?(: my sister wrote this one. Go read her story Pinky Promise! By Next_Mrs_Styles. If you read it and fan her, then comment "carrots" and I might dedicate a chapter to you! Erm...so...basically...please vote and comment :D this time I will upload when I have 8 votes on this chapter! So please vote and comment and fan my sister and...yeah(: