Chapter 12

**Eleanor's POV**

I...I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. She spoke up first.

"E-Eleanor?" her voice was hoarse, tears quickly filling her eyes.

I didn't know what to do. I ran straight into her arms, she wrapped her arms around me. I felt a drop on my cheek and realized that not only her, but I was crying as well. "Mom? Jennifer? Cindy? What is it. Why didn't you tell me anything? Why?" I couldn't stand it. I pulled away from her arms and turned my head towards the ground.

"Eleanor...we need to get inside. Now." she waved us inside, looking around as if to see if anyone was watching.

"Uhh...what's going on?" Louis had a confused expression on his face.

"Yeah...Eleanor, are you alright?" Megan put her hand on my shoulder. "If you need some time alone with her, then just do it." she spread the smallest grin on her face, as if she was giving me some sympathy.

"I don't even know where to start" I began, "Jennifer? Cindy?"

"Jennifer. Cindy is my...fake name." my mother went on, "I have so much to explain to you Eleanor, but I just don't know if I should do it here."

"Mom...you can." I turned to face Paul who had been sitting on one of the navy blue couches.

"Jennifer...why didn't you tell me?" Paul put his head in his hands, shaking his head.

"Okay. I will try to make this as simple as possible. Me and your father disappeared. You and Kate were very, very little. We were awoken one night by a strange noise downstairs, and we walked down to check it out. It was a man who had broken into our house, who happened to have a gun. He..." tears were filling her eyes, "he threatened us, Eleanor. He said he would kill you and Kate if we didn't do exactly what he said. He instructed us to never speak of anything to you two. But...he said that when you grow old...he would hurt us."

"But why?" I croaked, "why did he do that to you?"

"Because of your step father. He took some money from him...and never gave it back..." my mother couldn't speak anymore. She put her head in her hands and sobbed. I could feel tears coming on as well.

"Mom. M-may I please s-speak to you in the other r-room please?" I stuttered, trying to be strong. She stood up and I followed her into a room. It was painted light pink. It had a twin sized bed in one corner, and a television and dresser in the other. "Mom. There's something you're not telling me."

My mother sighed and began speaking, "fine. The man...Eleanor. I just don't know how to break it to you. This must be so overwhelming for you. I am so sorry. This is all my fault."

"Mom. It's okay. Just tell me" I sniffed.

"Okay." she took a deep breath and let it all out. "I will put this as simple as I can. He's still on our tracks. He doesn't know that I am here, but he will soon. Your step-father...well, he has him. He has been threatening me. He says if anyone contacts the police, he will kill him."

"Oh my gosh, mom, I am so sorry." I pulled her in for a hug and we silently sobbed into eachother's shoulders.

Her phone buzzed and she pulled away to look at the text. She immediately gasped and her entire face went pale. Her jaw dropped and I snatched the phone away from her. "Eleanor, no!" but it was too late. It was from a blocked number and it read:

You have taken it too far. I have your husband AND your daughter's little friend. Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

**********************************************************************************

A/N

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm trying to put a cliff hanger at the end of every single chapter (: What do you think? Feedback greatly appreciated! Please vote and comment! Okay, yeah, this chapter was super short. Like, it's not even funny. OH WELL :D okay. Sooooo I want 5 votes for this chapter until I post the next chapter. Is that too much to ask for? I don't think it is. YAY OKAY.

So just to clear things up, Josh is Eleanor's step dad and the anonymous man has Josh and Megan. /: Lets see what happens! PEACE LOVELIES.